Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judge telling it like it is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

at a sitting of Cavan District Court.

Of course it was
    When Supt Gerry Giblin told the court he was not opposing bail, Judge MacBride said he thought the situation was a 'joke' and wondered how people could come in with no identification and be given bail.

I agree with the judge here this makes no sense he has no papers to prove who he is so we will eh just wait what, your letting him out on bail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

This is ridiculous, must say I'm surprised at someone in his position having the balls to say it tho. Fair play.

How long before the ultra PC brigade come on moaning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He wasn't released on bail, he was remanded in custody. Anyone trying to get into this country without papers should be sent back, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Good call Judge, what is that muppet in a Garda uniform thinking - what's the point on bringing a charge at all if that's the attitude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I like the sensationalist start of the article:
    A JUDGE has declared that Ireland is 'going to hell' thanks to the number of foreign nationals who are entering the country.

and then later says what happened:
    "This country is going to hell with people coming in with no papers whatsoever," he said at a sitting of Cavan District Court

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Fair play to the Judge. We are getting better but we really need to stop letting people in so easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

its about time someone in authority says it like it is...anyone in ere without papers should be thrown back to whereever they came from.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

oh and not sent back on a charter jet....:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

humanji wrote:
    I like the sensationalist start of the article:

and then later says what happened:

the indo is rag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Pure Indo sensationalist crap again.

The Judge was making very valid remarks about the ridiculousness of people coming in completely undocumented and being allowed to wander around. Even the Gardai ae happy to have the man out on bail. He has no home, no passport and no identification. What's to stop him heading off to Dublin, never to be seen again?

If someone is found in the country with no documentation, they should be locked up until they're shipped out. If someone wishes to claim asylum, they declare themselves at the border, then we give them documentation. So there's no excuse to be here with no papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Well said judge, he is 100% right. The situation here is a joke at the minute.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

very sensationalist start to the article, bloody ridiculous that they were allowed print it. But the judge is right, anyone without valid papers shouldn't be allowed into the country in the first place and if they're caught then they should be shipped off home.

sensationalist, yes. the indo is a nothing but a tabloid masquerading as a broadsheet.

However is the judge justified, IMO yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

More importantly:
    "How do you know who they are or what they are if, they have no papers?" he demanded.

What kind of messy punctuation is that for a judge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Why bother even having another hearing. The guy is illegally in this country, the judge should have ordered him out of the country on the next available flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Why bother even having another hearing. The guy is illegally in this country, the judge should have ordered him out of the country on the next available flight.
    If he knew where to send him :eek:

I agree but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the way its done.

Can i ask why, if under EU law, certain illegals aren't even supposed to be allowed try claim asylum why they are even given any form of due process wasting huge amounts of tax payers money?

Sizzler wrote:
    If he knew where to send him :eek:

LOL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I agree but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the way its done.

Can i ask why, if under EU law, certain illegals aren't even supposed to be allowed try claim asylum why they are even given any form of due process wasting huge amounts of tax payers money?
    Heh heh...I remember one of the all time classic sliences on live tv in Ireland when Pat Kenny had Kunle on the show after his 'triumphant' return to Ireland when McDowell backed down and paid for him to come back :eek: .

Pat: "So Kunle, how did you get to Ireland?"
    Kunle: "I flew here"
    Pat:"But there isnt any direct flights here is there? So how did you get here?"
    Kunle: "Via Amsterdam"
    Pat: "But shouldnt you have claim asyluim in Holland then as thats the country you arrived in? Why come to Ireland?"
    Kunle: ".....*silence*...."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

prendy wrote:
    oh and not sent back on a charter jet....:mad:

Should we just build a giant catapult then?

I agree with the judge here, but it's not like it's completely un-PC. All he said was that someone with no identification shouldn't be let out to roam the streets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement