Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karting ... where to / other questions

Options
  • 21-09-2007 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to organise about 10 or so people for a Karting session but I'm stuck as to where to go ...

There's a crowd called Pallas Karting .. but are there any others .. ?

There used be a crowd in Oranmore ? but are they still around ..

Can anyone recommend anything

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Saw ads for karting in City Limits in Oranmore...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Cheers for that ... had a look and gave them a call ... and it looks like we'll potentially be heading there now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

The one in City Limits, Oranmore is very small.
    Pallas Karting in Portumna is an outdoor track and is alot bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

The one in City Limits, Oranmore is very small.

Yep, very small indeed. Also they are electric karts and not fast. You are not allowed to overtake and they only allow 3 people race at a time.
    You have 5 minutes in the kart and the fastest lap is the winner. I think it's 5 Euro for 5 minutes aswell.
    Was never out in Pallas Karting, but heard good things about it.
    Outdoor karting is way more fun and alot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johntreacy

Pallas is a bit dear but well well worth it. It has one of the biggest tracks in europe and karts that can do 70mph. Have a look at their website and c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Thanks for the info (have the feeling I've asked this question before .. EEK)

Will head to the city limits for some laser quest and bowling anyways ... probably give the karting a miss but you never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

DeadSkin wrote:
    Yep, very small indeed. Also they are electric karts and not fast. You are not allowed to overtake and they only allow 3 people race at a time.
    You have 5 minutes in the kart and the fastest lap is the winner. I think it's 5 Euro for 5 minutes aswell.
    Was never out in Pallas Karting, but heard good things about it.
    Outdoor karting is way more fun and alot quicker.
    The guy looking after it one day in August was so thick and arrogant. Had to floor it just to keep going. He has us going slow and then ramped up the speed on his little remote thingy and landed me into tyres a few times and got thick about it. Never want to go there again.

Advertisement