Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swastika attack on couple 'sick'

• 21-09-2007 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

This is just unbelievable.

Makes me sick of the people who do these kind of things.Why dont people just Grow up and learn to respect "Humans" no mater what colour what nationality ?

"Politicians have condemned a racist attack on a County Antrim couple during which slogans and swastikas were painted on their home."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7006092.stm

What do you guys think ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Reminds me of an old song my Da sings when drunk by a 60s group called the Kingston Trio..."A Tribute to John Foster Dullas." It's a parody on hate groups. Oh, but the song has a built-in solution. I think I can remember a few of the lyrics:

"But we can be thankful, tranquil and proud,
    That man's be endowed with the mushroomed shaped cloud,
    And I know for certain that some lovely day,
    Someone will touch the spark off,
    And we will all be blown away!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Ach they were probably protestants anyway...

I jest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

"But we can be thankful, tranquil and proud,
    That man's be endowed with the mushroomed shaped cloud,
    And I know for certain that some lovely day,
    Someone will touch the spark off,
    And we will all be blown away!"

Awesome
    That's like putting a sea in a teaspoon.

*saving these lyrics definitely.They are very revealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

why are people surprised at racism in norn iron? whites have been killing each other because they have a few differences in the bible, when the africans/asias/indians etc get abused how can anyone be surprised? there are a serious amount of gobsh1tes in norn iron....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Stop white on white crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I just can't understand people like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

This is not in the least bit surprising. It has been a problem up there for years, with some much more serious incidents than that mentioned above.
    Estate agents have even been "warned off" from renting to immigrants.

Dunno if its any worse than some other parts of Ireland though. The N.I. authorities have been working hard on an anti-racism policy for past 3/4 yrs, so maybe incidents are being reported more than they are down south ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Round my way a while back local shiitheads were daubing walls with stuff like "foreners out" and "K.K.K" alongside badly-proportioned swastikas in respnse to a number of latvians and poles that had moved into the area.I thought a couple of things were worth pointing out..The fact that the "foreners" were far more "aryan" than the emaciated scumbags could ever hope to be,the fact that the KKK hated catholics and i assume the tracksuits ARE catholics and the "foreners" all have fit-looking birds with them unlike the grotesque,mealy mouthed sacks of lard so common in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

They were attacked by a swastika???

jesus :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

pure ignorant bigotry. Hope they catch the scumbags that did this and then sterilise them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

maple wrote:
    pure ignorant bigotry. Hope they catch the scumbags that did this and then sterilise them.
    That's the trouble with the bigots in Norn Iron, they breed and brainwash their kids.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

That's the trouble with the bigots in Norn Iron, they breed and brainwash their kids.

exactly, its hate perpetuating hate. horrible situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I thought it was all over, is Northern Ireland not a utopian paradise now? I was sure I heard that somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Ok i have it!

We transport all our human scum and filth up to NI, and we allow the decent folk up there to move down here.. Then we wall the whole thing off, and declare Paisely the prime minister of ****land..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Orange69 wrote:
    Ok i have it!

We transport all our human scum and filth up to NI, and we allow the decent folk up there to move down here.. Then we wall the whole thing off, and declare Paisely the prime minister of ****land..

trouble is, there would be more people in the north than the south, we'd capsize :eek:

0ubliette wrote:
    They were attacked by a swastika???

jesus :eek:

Well, they can make a lethal deathstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This is just unbelievable.

Makes me sick of the people who do these kind of things.Why dont people just Grow up and learn to respect "Humans" no mater what colour what nationality ?

"Politicians have condemned a racist attack on a County Antrim couple during which slogans and swastikas were painted on their home."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/7006092.stm

What do you guys think ?

It is poor form indeed, but there's much, much worse shït happening to other people on this island & around the world. Vandalism is one thing, but abuse, beatings, mutilation & murders are far worse & more prevalent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

You see up here its always someone else fault...it appears its the highly skilled immigants

Bigots are just used to taking action up north. Down South its never gets past idle pub bravado.

If you get get a decent pint north of Dundalk this would not happen....

Dont listen to Colin Murray ....Harp is P1ss

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Zambia232 wrote:

what was that ad years ago with the vikings? I could never understand what the viking said. Somethin along the lines of "harp is dear is harp is dere now". Anyone know?

I think its quite pointless to ask what boardsies think of what happened in NI. Obviously its terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Zambia232 wrote:

Yeah buts 'its our thing'! Brewed in the 'Great Northern Brewery' in Dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Zambia232 wrote:
    Colin Murray

Colin Murphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Oriel wrote:
    Colin Murphy

Doh:rolleyes: yes this is true ....

Still p1ss though.

Advertisement