Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2008 Demo on Live!!

Options
  • 21-09-2007 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

The demo of PES2008 is apparently on Xbox Live Marketplace now!!:D
    It lets you play one five minute game (single-player only) with a choice of 6 international teams

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

woohoo cant wait to get home and play this!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anynews of it being on the PSN? My 360 is in germany at the moment.

EDIT: Just rang MS, and got the UPS trackign number. MS said it would be shipped off either today or monday, but i decided to check the tracking anyway - according to the UPS tracker, my console left germany on the 18th, and was 'in trnasit' in dublin at 4.40 this morning.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE arrive before 2.30..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

Tauren wrote:
    Anynews of it being on the PSN? My 360 is in germany at the moment.

EDIT: Just rang MS, and got the UPS trackign number. MS said it would be shipped off either today or monday, but i decided to check the tracking anyway - according to the UPS tracker, my console left germany on the 18th, and was 'in trnasit' in dublin at 4.40 this morning.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE arrive before 2.30..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Im the same mate, got 3 red lights packed it off to germany with UPS was 2 weeks ago, hope it arrives back soon, I have a PS3 can anyone confirm if its on PSN???

Please say yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Tis not on the Irish store anyways. Downloading from the marketplace now! Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

pesireland wrote:
    Im the same mate, got 3 red lights packed it off to germany with UPS was 2 weeks ago, hope it arrives back soon, I have a PS3 can anyone confirm if its on PSN???

Please say yes :D
    I can confirm it is NOT on the PSN.

Also, the PSN is updated on Thursdays (as opposed to XBL which is updated whenever something is available) so it is unlikely that it will appear on the PSN til Next week. Although, with the TGS starting, and no demos appearing on the PSN (Euro) yesterday, maybe Sony/Konami will be nice.

Even if i had my 360 set up at home, I would prefer to have a demo for the ps3 version, as that is the one i want to get

• Advertisement

Tis not on the Irish store anyways. Downloading from the marketplace now! Can't wait!!

just a pint on the irish stores, do dony ever bother to update them, i had to make a uk account to get the fifa demo and its still not on the irish network, maybe sony think we are to drunk to notice:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

pesireland wrote:
    just a pint on the irish stores, do dony ever bother to update them, i had to make a uk account to get the fifa demo and its still not on the irish network, maybe sony think we are to drunk to notice:rolleyes:

Sony Could be right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Holy crap! Can't wait to play this, would have prefered it on PSN but its gonna be pretty much the same anyway!!

UPDATE: Wife just rang me UPS just dropped off a box and guess what was in it??? yep u guessed it right my xbox360 !!!!! Yeppie can't wait until 5.00pm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I'm in total shock here, well done Konami, and I believe were allowed to play a full 5 min game and not one half like in the useless Fifa demo. Downloading it now, this is gonna rock, feedback has been fairly good so far.

Edit: Interesting that they popped this out a week before Fifa's release, very smart on Konami's behalf (I never thought I'd say that).

• Advertisement

Well just played a few games of it there.

I like it! It's fast, and the AI seems to have improved (it's still not perfect though)

But still, terrible walls for free kick. the invisible throw-in barrier is still there. So Konami have not even corrected some flaws which have been in the game since the beginning, which is annoying. Still better than Fifa though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

fast like arcadey?

I wouldn't say arcadey, but it certainly feels faster than 360 PES6. It feels more like the PS2 version (which is what I wanted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

like going from PES 5 to PES 4 type of speed change?

Forgive me, but I've only played PES6 360 on a few occasions.

Is there anyway to use somthing like a maxdrive on the 360 yet ? To ad in other clubs and so on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Grand should be here when i get back from football.

:D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

thats what I thought when I went to town but it is taking hours to download. only at 82% now and I left at about half 2 id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

The demo versions are usually very different to the real game.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    thats what I thought when I went to town but it is taking hours to download. only at 82% now and I left at about half 2 id say.

Got it in 20 minutes, contemplating not playing match :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Stuck on 52% for the past hour or so actually now on 56%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Mine's taking ages too. I'd say the servers are fairly busy since it's the first day. Ah well hopefully when I get back in tonight I'll be able to have a go!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

about 5 hours later it finishes. a lot quicker than previous games i think. won my first game but finding it hard to score more than 1 goal.

i like it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

evad_lhorg wrote:
    finding it hard to score more than 1 goal.

Yeah but, was it ever easy to score with just 5 min games. I like it, you can never no until a good bit of playing though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Can anyone tell me whether its more like last years PES6 on the 360 or PES6 on the pc/ps2?

1st impressions.

Good:
    The chipped ball seems perfect, you can put it where you want to rather than following the usual "flight".
    Running with the ball is fluid and you can skin players on highest level.
    Shooting seems to a skill that you will master as is basic passing it no longer goes where you want it too by simply pressing pass, you have to aim it.
    Tru ball the same seems useless unless you aim it, i like that a lot.
    Looks very nice and crisp, its like pes6 on PC slowed down but giving you more control and less balls goe a certain way, the chipped ball being the best thing.
    Replays goes way back like ages before the shot.

Bad:
    Seems laggy like button press takes a mini second to equate on screen.
    AI is retarded my players keep running off the pitch for some reason.
    Glitchy could be my xbox tho.

I like it but i hope the lag is my xbox or something, just i press pass and it takes a second to pass or do anything. Other than that i could really see myself liking this the more manual pass makes it a game worth mastering.

kdjac

My main gripe: You still have a 4 man wall for a free kick 45 meters out!

But yeah, this is not the version that will be shipped to shops, so there's still time for Konami to polish it up and give us the best PES ever!

My main gripe: You still have a 4 man wall for a free kick 45 meters out!

But yeah, this is not the version that will be shipped to shops, so there's still time for Konami to polish it up and give us the best PES ever!

laggy or is my xbox ****ed? it crashes on every game so much to the point i afraid to turn it on incase it dies.

kdjac

It freezes for a sec from time to time, but then it sorts itself out! Kdjac your Xbox is borked!

is the button pressing instant or sometimes instant?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mine seems to be reacting instantly to button presses. Only slow down I encounter is getting booked but like someone said this isn't the finished product and more than likely the 70% version which was in Leipzig.

Advertisement