Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2008 Demo on Live!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looks great actually.

Will give this a download tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

He doesn't seem to score from all angles ,so that's nice.

As for how I scored my goal. It was gonna be a rabona (only players with technique higher than 80 (?) and really low weak foot frequency can do it) but I super cancelled it and did a chip shot 2 (charge the bar and hit RB/R1)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well done I say! Well done Zapp! Don't forget hit on Lola (I think thats her name). Do you press particular buttons, or just use a player as you described and put him on his weak foot then shoot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

He can't he got banned for doing exactly what he's done above. Apparently he can't have a civilised conversation.

Check out the fancy footwork for this goal I got last night!
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOH0RsT_vM

just seen this nice goal Zapp, i think u did supercancel on the first shot thats why he didn't complete the rebona, and then u chipped into the net..

Nice one:cool:

Nailz wrote:
    Well done I say! Well done Zapp! Don't forget hit on Lola (I think thats her name). Do you press particular buttons, or just use a player as you described and put him on his weak foot then shoot?
    I dunno, I never really tried to do it before, it just happened and as soon as I saw it I cancelled it. I've seen some great Rabona goals on youtube though.

• Advertisement

I thought the Rabona looked sexy before you did it... now it looks like it could give a dog a bone! :D

Nailz wrote:
    I thought the Rabona looked sexy before you did it... now it looks like it could give a dog a bone! :D
    Jaysus you Cavan folk are odd!!

Why do you think that?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

pesireland wrote:
    adrianos stats have taken been reduced i think his shooting power is only 80 now.

*hums wildcatz sing along"*

his shot accuracy is 80. his shot power and body power is the same it seems.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    his shot accuracy is 80. his shot power and body power is the same it seems.

you could be right mate i remember 1 of his shooting stats had dropped to 80 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Damn my Xbox Live is down for some reason, something with my router no doubt, damn it. Is it coming out in any magazines this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gmailer

lads, any way of playing 2 player?
    are the fre kicks any easier this time around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CHICO FUENTES

First post! I've been a huge fan of the pes titles but felt really let down by Konami after PES6. It was a lazy effort on their part and still manages to completely infuriate me with its bizarre actions ie keepers dropping balls, fouls for nothing, inaccurate passing etc. All that said, this new installment looks and feels a lot better. Although this is only a demo, it is obvious that Konami have learnt from their errors in their previous effort. Roll on many a night of online glory and utter disgust at conceding a last minute penalty to a well taken dive!

First post! I've been a huge fan of the pes titles but felt really let down by Konami after PES6. It was a lazy effort on their part and still manages to completely infuriate me with its bizarre actions ie keepers dropping balls, fouls for nothing, inaccurate passing etc. All that said, this new installment looks and feels a lot better. Although this is only a demo, it is obvious that Konami have learnt from their errors in their previous effort. Roll on many a night of online glory and utter disgust at conceding a last minute penalty to a well taken dive!

Amen :D

[off-topic]

Everytime i see this thread title pop up, i can't help but think of:

cx_pez_stewcombo.jpg

[/off-topic]

:D

^^^ HA :D u must get out more mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

pesireland wrote:
    ^^^ HA :D u must get out more mate :)

No, I think we all need for Pez. Good source of energy for late night Master League play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Seeing as no one has mentioned it; You can still head the ball through a player's chest.
    As in long ball out from keeper, player facing the ball motions to control with chest but player from behind thrusts his head through the body of the other player to head to ball elsewhere.
    It seems small but it rules out keeper long balls as you have to head it around rather than control it, ie more chance of losing it.

Other areas are improved and the diving should be a laugh! I won a peno once but I'm not quite sure how as every other time the ref just cards me! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

Adriano is still far too good, if not better than in the last game.
    The computer is even worse at top level.

Only negatives that i can find about the game, which is a good thing. :)

pesireland wrote:
    Amen :D
    Basicly what he said was.... "scripted". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

well, ronaldo is amazing in it, so expect manu to be the new inter

lads, can we give each other some tips here?
    as in, if you have found out a new trick, how do you do it?

anyone know how to do that rabona?

with portugal last night, scored a great goal. Was with gomes, and when through, i shot but cancelled with A. instead of dummying, he stopped the ball with one foot, went again with the other.
    completely fooled the keeper and tapped it into an empty net. didnt do anything different though

so anyone else any new tricks?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've enjoyed this demo, it's quite fun :) Starting to get addicted again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

No slowdown, a well polished menu system and the players feel sharper. It'll take time as usual to realise the subtle tweeks but I think this is definately an improvement over the PES6.

Oh.. and decent price for PES2008 here! - £29.99 (+£3.50 delivery).

Works out at about 48 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Have you ever ordered from them?

Not me personally.. but heard reports about them on a couple of bargain sites i've been on, reports are they're reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CHICO FUENTES

As a self confessed PES addict, I broke my own rule last thursday and bought FIFA08. I have to say lads that its one hell of good game now. Difficult to score, no more 100% thru passes, better ball movement, Although i'll be buying PES2008, make no mistake, FIFA is hot on the heals of the great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Can someone please take some photos of the stats of big players like Ronaldo/messi/kaka/ronaldinho/deco/torres/etc

Wouldn't mind seeing how accurate they got them this time round.

EDIT: Found a few if anyone's interested

Kaka looks a little underrated (dribble acc), Adriano overrated (the usuals) and C. Ronaldo underrated (He's certainly stonger than Messi & has better accuracy than he's given)

Advertisement