Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magners League this weekend

Options
  • 21-09-2007 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Anyone looking at the magners league matches on this weekend? I know with the world cup on its not getting much attention but this is the first weekend the Irish and scottish teams get involved.

Connacht are -2 v the Dragons on the handicap which seems a good price as the Dragons are playing an experimental side according to their coach. The Dragons away form isn't great and Connacht at home are hard to beat.

Cardiff are -10 v Glasgow - Cardiff have won their last two games and seem to have a lot of strength in depth, Glasgows top players are all at the world cup and I reckon Cardiff will be going for the bonus point here.

Ulster against Ospreys, the Ulster team looks strong and have an excellent home record and Ospreys have lost their first two but they have the ability to beat anybody on their day. Ulster on the outright is 1.50 and the spread is Ulster -5.

Anyone any thoughts on the matches above - I can't see Munster and Leinster prices up anywhere yet. I am leaning towards backing Connacht and Cardiff on the handicap and leaving the Ulster match alone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Think I'll side with your idea on Connacht here. Must have been buoyed by their good performance vs S.Africa and haven't lost many to the Irish Squad.
    On the longer term.
    I've taken a very speculative punt on them, knowing the other teams don't take this so seriously, at 250/1 ew on the outright with Skybet who are paying 1/4 of the odds a place (first 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

Glad I stayed away from the ulster match as they only won by a point. Connacht and Cardiff both had good wins covering the handicap.

Badbrian - skybet seem to have much better prices than the other bookies on the outright winner - i had an each way bet on munster at 10/1 which i thought was good value and I see skybet have them at 16/1.
    250/1 for an each way bet in a ten team league is worth a go alright

Advertisement