Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose the right bb

Options
  • 21-09-2007 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just moved house, got the eircom line and want to connect the broadband.
    I am very heavy user, I do work from home and download/upload lots of documents, files, photos, videos.
    So I do need an option with at least 100G/no download limits. Here's what I have picked up:
    1) eircom 3meg, as they do not enforce caps
    2) bt 3meg as its practically the same service
    3) utv 3meg with unlimited download option
    4) irishbroadband 3meg

I am also to be registered as self-employed soon, can you please tell me if there are any significant advantages if you apply for a business broadband?

I am in Co.Clare so there's no Magnet or Smart available. Pretty much what I have picked up is the companies that does my area.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,
    Marc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

thanks guys, youre beeing so helpful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

I have Eircom 3meg and whilst i have never been charged for breaking my cap , i wouldn't be too sure about consistently breaking the cap as even if they currently don't have the means for checking who's going over , if they ever do they could probably back date it.
    Saying that i have been with them over 3 years now and i have never once had to complain , great service IMO.

IBB , IMO , looks good on paper and they may have a better service now , but i hated the year i had to stay with their BB contract , bad service in my case and support was literally non-existant.

Advertisement