Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All 3 users using non 3 phones in here please!

• 21-09-2007 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, i am currently using an unbranded sim free sony p1i on three. calls texts etc this is working out fine.

however using the web browser is another kettle of fish, on of the reasons i like three is the free footy highlights etc.

at first i couldnt get to the three home page on this phone, then i tried to access tinytube on the inbuilt browser (opera) and a link to the three services page came up which links me to the footy.

so now i can browse this and my3 etc and read the news however if i try to stream any video i get the technical glitch screen or a please use a 3 handset screen

anyone any idea what i can do? anyone got streaming to work ?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dont be shy fellas must be loads of ye

please help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dont know much about it but have you checked that you have the correct "3" streaming settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't get non-three streaming to work either. ORB used to work somewhat but is blocked now.

i cant get three streaming tho, im not even worried about non three :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

maybe then you dont have settings for streaming?

i think i do

when im browsing the footy stufff on three and goto the highlights i get that technical glitch page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Joker36

Hi, I have just bought an unbranded SE P1i and I'm trying everything I can to set up the GPRS and MMS. I've read all the posts but the P1i has a different way of setting up MMS and GPRS than other phones.

I've also phoned 3 in India and gone on the SE site but can't get it sorted. Can anyone please help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I used an unbranded phone for a while and couldn't get the stuff to work. I contacted three who refused to support a non three handset (see why they're thriving here :rolleyes: ). In the end I got a new 3 phone, I never managed to get the browser to work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I've a p990i one three. I don't bother with anything other than my3 and my normal websites but you are correct - streaming doesn't want to work properly for me. I don't think theres anything you can do. Sorrymate. Its annoying though, the p1i is available on a number of their networks but must reckon paddy is too thick to use one. Either that or they're "dumping" old stock on us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i had a 3 motorola v3x which i accidentally reflashed (oh how stupid i was) with a new firmware. 3 put a series of certificates on your phone which are used when online with their services to verify the identity of the handset, without these certificates, there are certain functions that will not operate i.e streaming video, 3 music store etc.... there is no way around it that i could find, so i bought a new 3 n73.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have used a number of Non 3 branded handsets on the 3 network and never had hassles browsing or sending/receiving pop3 email. I could never get the My3 thing to display on anything but handsets with 3 firmware. Also, when I wanted to renew my broadband addon, I had to use my bro's 3 handset to buy the addon. I never really tried the tinytube stuff tbh.
    The only setting I had to input was the 3ireland.ie domain thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I recently stumbled over the dog and accidentally found I had flashed my n73 to the latest firmware when I came to. Now it has stereo bluetooth support and the full music edition music player with album art and visualisation. Serendipity eh?

Anyway, I can access my3 no problems, can run the clients for sling and skype. I haven't tried streaming from 3 as they've nothing for free that I'd like to see but if someone wants me to try this I'm happy to. Orb streams my video and MP3's without a glitch but as I've mentioned on boards previously I can't stream thrid party real streams beyond 1 minute and 44 seconds. I couldn't do this before the reflashing either so I don't think it's anything to do with the firmware.

One thing I did do during my 'accidental' firmware update was reset the product code in the phone to the original when I had completed the firmware update. However, I have used an unlocked unbranded N80 too with no problems that I couldn't get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Canada J Soup

I'm using an unlocked Vodafone branded Nokia E90 (haven't gotten around to flashing to non-Voda firmware yet, although a few icon changes aside the Voda damage appears to be minimal) and it is currently working fine. Any issues I did encounter were due to my data service from 3 having been improperly provisioned. It did take a while before they finally activated the X-Series add on I had been paying for without blocking ports or censoring web content though.

Advertisement