Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP issue I think

Options
  • 21-09-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im having a problem with asp pages and a certain user. Basically as administrator I can see the page but when i log on as another user its just returning the back end source code and not the front end. Any ideas why this might be happening...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Is it a public facing website? Can we see?

Have you other ASP pages on the same server? Sure its not just a mime-type mapping issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

No its an intranet site. yes there are a load asp files on the server

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

What address are you using to access the page? I had this issue before when a user was using \\machine-name\file.asp instead of http://server-name/file.asp.

Just a suggestion,
    RD

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭The Mighty Dubs

its sitting on a server e.g. http://1.2.3.4/abc/home.asp

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

Could be an access problem - have you created a user on the IIS server for the machine they are logging in on/guest internet account?

Could be a proxy/firewall problem, are the various users on the same network? Have you allowed access to the website on the firewall? on the client machine (some anti-virus s/w can come with it's own firewall)?

Have you tried logging on as any other user or just admin and this user?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Is it downloading the file (or prompting) or are you getting back the ASP code <% %> tags and all???

Also what OS are you running it on? Windows 2003/Xp/Vista/2008? I am not going back as far as NT 4.0 & 2000! :p

Could be a dodgy mime type as well

Can you copy the following code into a text file and save it as an ASP file on your server

<%=Now()%>

Should print out the current time.. If the code comes out then its possible a mime type or else its a fruity permissions issue

Advertisement