Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advice on Second Hand Mazda 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

if I was you, I would consider going to the UK for one of these.....they are very plentiful over there and the Spec is much better. I would recommend going for the TS2 spec. (It has the Bose stereo system & cruise control)

The Mazda is fairly bulletproof. Only thing I noticed on them when I looked last year was the alloys didn't seem to stand up the test of time and started to flake after 3yrs. The centre console of the dash on the earlier models looks a bit cheap, but other than that they are very solid car.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they all look a little overpriced to be honest. I don't think the diesel commands a big premium over 1.8 models. found it hard to sell one last year. As Lex said, go abroad for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭JB123

I drive a 03 Mazda 6 2.0 136bhp diesel Sport. Tbh the Irish cars feel a lot cheaper than the UK models. My car had only 26K miles when I got it four months ago.

I got my car here.

http://www.warringtonmazda.co.uk/ .

She has a full history with Warrington mazda . The car stands me 15k. I'v put 10k on mine in a few months with no problems. Here is a car similar to mine check out the spec :D

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=559677

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If buying one from the UK make sure and get a full HPI check done on the car. This will verify mileage, service history and any claims made against insurance. Also have a mechanic check the car and have the underneth of the car examined thoroughly for any signs of rust due to salt being used on UK roads in the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 equaliser

Remember that if a deal seems too good to be true maybe it is! Also value the car on the revenue site, it can give you a rough idea of a ballpark valuation.
    Ask the seller about crash history, they are obliged to tell you, (by law it should be on the invoice) and if you subsequently find out that it has had substantial repairs, you are entitled to a full refund. But then again you only get this capability when you buy from a garage, chasing a private sale for money back is probably a fools errand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Cushtie

I went to see the first one this morning. It is driving perfect and is in great condition. There is a full service history from a Mazda dealer.

He is willing to take €15,350 for it and throw in a fill of Diesel. This is based on me taking it away for a day or two to give it a right good test and let me have a mechanic give it the once over. what do ye think?

Advertisement