Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Get Me Through The Day Thread

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Your response seemed to suggest that davyjose is therefore being honest with himself while I am not
    nooo!! that's not what I meant at all!! What I mean is people in general should do themselves the courtesy of being honest with themselves, there's *nothing* wrong with eating chocolate, but you can't turn around and whinge that you aren't losing weight while you have a mars bar in your hand!
    Curly Wurly (I have never typed those words so many times in my life)
    it's started to lose all meaning now hasn't it?!!?
    there is a pervasive superiority toward those who admit to eating these kinds of things. Meanwhile, davyjose is a fan of a big slap-up at Eddie Rockets every now and again.
    *note: not picking on davyjose here ;) * this, to a certain extent I do agree with. I remember being horrified when I was accused of being a 'fitness nazi' because I was being very forthright in my views about certain eating habits. I (hope) I've become a lot more mindful of that, and I'd hate to think I'm still like that. The simple fact is some folk are fitness minded, some aren't, and so certain eating habits will suit some and not others.

But I don't beleive that davyjose was actually saying "NEVER EAT JUNK - YOU WILL STAY FAT", more that preparation and a willingess to be pactical and determined will help.
    There's a big bucket of 100% natural peanut butter in my cupboard that needs a willing belly if you want to come and collect it!!
    woooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

My difficulty here, you will understand, is not that somebody would feel there is no way they could include a Curly Wurly (I have never typed those words so many times in my life) in their diet, it is that there is a pervasive superiority toward those who admit to eating these kinds of things.

My stance on this as mentioned already is that fair enough someone eats one curly wurly (or insert treat here) a week (it helps people stay on track with their diet by making cravings more managable which is a good thing) but we have to point out that a curly wurly is a sh1t nutritional food source. Not only is it calorie dense for its size it is also mainly sugar and saturated fat. If people can avoid eating them they should.

So the message is:
    Are treats ok? yes, every now and then but avoid them if you can because they generally have a terrible nutritional profile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Well Vegeta I am with you there for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Actually, davyjose did.

I ain't got no beef with g'em. (just peanutbutter)
    Woah woah woah!!! Seriously, Neuro-praxis, your overt defensiveness of my comment is a little OTT, as is manipulating a comment I made on a completely different thread with completely different subject matter. The simple fact of the matter is this - a Curly-Wurly is not a healthy snack, and to refer to it as such is, IMO, not ideal, especially given that you are a mod and people will take your advice.

Really, I'd appreciate, in future, if you have an issue with anything I say, to PM me, rather than misquote me on two different threads, whilst I am not online.
    You seem to have taken to heart, and perhaps misinterpretted what I said. There is no "pervasive superiority" about what I said. I merely alluded to a comment you made previously:
    I find it hard to believe that when you're on the bus and hungry between meals, you're snacking on a boiled potato, a can of beans or a jar of home-made spag bol.
    The point I was making was, if you want to eat healthy, and there's nothing at hand, then wait and go get something that is healthy. I wasn't saying "Jaysus, what are you eating that for?"

This is boards.ie, and we've all been around long enough to know we're not gonna agree on everything. But comments like this
    don't tell me not to eat my fu*king curly wurly if you're off for a big fat cheeseburger and chilli fries!
    aren't necessary.

If we are going to discuss fairness davyjose, the above comment sure looks a whole lot more harsh when you cut the large smiley face off of the end of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Well the smiley face didn't mean much to me when I saw it. Look, there's a few crossed wires here, and we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot here, so maybe we can start again, because I'm intersted in this forum and will probably be on quite a bit (unless I get banned :D ) <Tentatively extends hand>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jilli

:) hi there My name is Jillian I was on the beaut.ie site for lipotrim diet and vhi but both sites have stopped so does anyone know of a site where I could relate to other lipotrimmers ?

jilli wrote:
    :) hi there My name is Jillian I was on the beaut.ie site for lipotrim diet and vhi but both sites have stopped so does anyone know of a site where I could relate to other lipotrimmers ?
    It won't be here unfortunately Jillian. We support healthy, balanced diets not faddy ones.

Good luck in your weight-loss endeavors.

davyjose, if I may quote Ralph Wiggum, "Let's Bee Friends! It says "Bee" and there's a picture of a bee on it!"

You will understand that I am not some pleb who believes chocolate is the way to weight-loss. I will understand that you are not a food nazi who wishes to snatch my Curly Wurly from me of a Friday elevenses. Harmony restored. (May I point out that I had been through that argument at least 5 times since I posted the original comment and unfortunately for you you received my wrath on it - sorry!)

Jillian, boards.ie does not endorse Liptrim nor will we direct you to any sites recommending similar weight loss programmes. Any more posts of this nature and you shall be booted from the forum. Thanks and goodnight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jilli

apologies My understanding was I would find an alternative site. Happy not to return to this site. for those who say LT is "faddy diets" It gave me my results of losing 2 stone thank you very much so thank you. Goodnight and good bye.

I'm not particularly willing to get drawn into a LT debate, but Jillie it is a faddy diet. It relies on meal replacement shakes to force the consumer to lose weight through calorie deprivation. It does not teach you how to eat right. It does not teach you about exercise. It does not distinguish between muscle loss and fat loss. It does not teach you how to control portion size, how to make informed decisions about your daily eating habits, how to feel good about who you are and be happy in yourself and enjoy food as a vital part of your wellbeing. It is a quick fix that may work for some people, but we have a long, long list of members of boards.ie who have tried LT and been hugely disappointed for a number of reasons, the above being just a few of those. In short, it gets a huge thumbs down for the overwhelming majority of people here.

Congratulations on the weight lost so far but I'd be more interested to see how well you keep it off. That comes down to healthy, nutritious eating, and that's what this forum is all about.

Advertisement