Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

licence plates

Options
  • 21-09-2007 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Anyone know where i can get a new set of licence plates done in galway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭kahaya

Top Part on the Tuam Road did some for me there a couple of months back. I think they were €12.50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

kahaya wrote:
    Top Part on the Tuam Road did some for me there a couple of months back. I think they were €12.50 each.

They'll do them then and there too, takes about 5 mins

Just the normal (legal) ones too, none of yer fancy italic muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Yup, the lads in the autoparts shop on the Tuam Road (the front of the Liosban industrial estate, couple of doors up from the Ulster Bank and the chippy).

Do them while you wait, only takes 5 mins, €12.50 each.

Course, then you have to go to a garage and get the new plates bolted on properly. Ballybrit Tyre and Exhaust Centre (on the Old Monivea Road) will sometimes do that for you for free if you ask them nicely...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Dalfiatach wrote:
    Yup, the lads in the autoparts shop on the Tuam Road (the front of the Liosban industrial estate, couple of doors up from the Ulster Bank and the chippy).

Do them while you wait, only takes 5 mins, €12.50 each.

Course, then you have to go to a garage and get the new plates bolted on properly. Ballybrit Tyre and Exhaust Centre (on the Old Monivea Road) will sometimes do that for you for free if you ask them nicely...

Bolted on 'properly'?

Any time i've seen plates theyre screwed into the plastic bumper with self tappers (just drill holes in plates)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

JohnCleary wrote:
    Bolted on 'properly'?

Any time i've seen plates theyre screwed into the plastic bumper with self tappers (just drill holes in plates)

Ach ye know what I mean. The autoparts shops usually give ye a couple of sticky patches to hold them on for a day or two. Ye still need to go to a garage and get them bolted on (or do it yerself if ye have the tools).

But if ye feel like starting an argument on the precise definition of bolts, screws, variations thereof, the materials they are screwed into, the colour of the drill and the phase of the moon, go right ahead :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Calbro are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

O'Reilly Signs in Liosban.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

Dalfiatach wrote:
    But if ye feel like starting an argument on the precise definition of bolts, screws, variations thereof, the materials they are screwed into, the colour of the drill and the phase of the moon, go right ahead :rolleyes:

erm .... a philips head, a small bit, 2 self tappers and 2 mins ...... not that difficult :p

oh and its full moon tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

Any one know if there are any online references to regulations for number plates? Am a bit fond of the "Empire State" New York City ones (if you've been to NYC you'll know them) and would like to get them done for my new car

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/vehicle-standards/vehicle_registration_numbers

all your info is here.
    I would say you'd be outta look with the NYC plate (which are cool!)

*** whispers *** still nothing stopping you trying it though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭damalo

Scobius90 wrote:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/vehicle-standards/vehicle_registration_numbers

all your info is here.
    I would say you'd be outta look with the NYC plate (which are cool!)

*** whispers *** still nothing stopping you trying it though ;)

Cheers

I recon you'd be let away with it the first time anyways...was in NYC in July and there was a guy on Pier 17 making them - must put in a phone call across the pond!

Advertisement