Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do we like to smell bad smells?

• 21-09-2007 1:15pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

In a lift the other day. Theres a bad smell. Conversation goes like this:

Person A: [sniff] "uuhh, whats that smell, its rotten? [sniff]
    Person B and Me: [sniff] yeah thes rotten alright, smells like poo
    Person A: [Sniff] what is it? [bigger sniff]
    Person B: [big sniffs now] i dont know, someone dead in the lift shaft?
    Person A&B: [sniff], [sniff] Thats really disgusting, let me out of this lift already! [sniff]
    Me: Why do you keeping sniffing even though you know the smell is bad?

And then the penny dropped. Why do us human beings do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Eddie Murhpy touched on this before in his stand up.

It's because we want to rank (pun intended) and rate the smell, based on how bad it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead didn't want to reply to this thread because it stinks so much but all of a sudden the words were all typed out and the Submit Reply button was pressed. Humans are mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I farted on my uncle's head on Monday and his fringe parted. No sh1t!! He'l tell you himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Dun laoire wrote:
    I farted on my uncle's head on Monday and his fringe parted. No sh1t!! He'l tell you himself

I sincerely hope there was no sh1t!!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

pink eye!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

There's nothing like a dense cloud of fartgas to get a room full of lads goin.

"JAYSUS WHAT DID YA [SNIFF] EAT"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

You could take a fcukin knife an'fork to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"Like to"? As opposed to "feel a compulsion to"? Evolution! Those who went to the bother of identifying the bad smells discovered there was shit in their food or a corpse under their shack. Those who didn't ate shitty food and inhaled corpse for a month. Those jerks died.

Advertisement