Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please

• 21-09-2007 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Hi, i want to buy a present for someone to go diving. I know absolutely nothing about it. Is it worth going in two weeks time....i am thinking there is seasons u go for visability etc? I could be completely wrong!!
    They do not have their PADI but have scuba dived before on hols etc.
    Any tips on where to go would also be helpful.

Thanks a mil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

mel123 wrote:
    Hi, i want to buy a present for someone to go diving. I know absolutely nothing about it. Is it worth going in two weeks time....i am thinking there is seasons u go for visability etc? I could be completely wrong!!
    They do not have their PADI but have scuba dived before on hols etc.
    Any tips on where to go would also be helpful.

Thanks a mil.
    it depends a lot on how much you want to spend and what the person already has.

If they have no kit at all, face mask and snorkel are the place to start as the can be used on their own. After that you've got fins etc.

If you want to go mad, you could pay for lessons. Check our Scuba.ie website for details of schools etc. I got my PADI licence because someone bought me lessons as a present otherwise I would probably never have got off my arse and done it, I am forever thankful to her for that and she even did me the favour of running off with another guy to give me more time to spend underwater:D

Advertisement