Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PES 2008 Demo on live now

• 21-09-2007 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭

Its been posted in the PES section, but I just thought I'd post it here too in case anyone missed it, I for one can't wait... 7%!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

and I was gonna take the day off to play Halo 3, sorry I didnt now, microsoft, too many games, too little time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

thanks for that, best news i've heard in a long time. its gonna take me awhile to download it. but still its worth waiting for.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Holy **** Am gonna download it right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

this is taking ages to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

38% aftjer 3 hours on a 2MB line :eek:

wtf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

How big is the demo??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

1.19gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

AdrianII wrote:
    38% aftjer 3 hours on a 2MB line :eek:

wtf

I was lucky and started downloading at about 10am.
    Don't get your hopes up, not too impressed really, looks nicer but thats about it, seems the same as the last pes if not worse!

Though maybe you should wait for a review from a good player, I was never brilliant at it. Still, its off my shopping list.

what a game. only small changes but don't fix something thats not broke. i think its a lot better than last years and way better than fifa 08. can't wait till it's out but have to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Took half an hour to download. Very nice indeed, passing is more accurate, player animations a lot more detailed. Lots of nice subtle touches from what i can see. Shooting is different, seems like it would be harder to score long range efforts (compared to PES 6) visuals are uber sweet. Hurry up October!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

....uber sweet
    :eek: Nuuurrrrd!!!! OMG, serious geek! SERIOUS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Took half an hour to download. Very nice indeed, passing is more accurate, player animations a lot more detailed. Lots of nice subtle touches from what i can see. Shooting is different, seems like it would be harder to score long range efforts (compared to PES 6) visuals are uber sweet. Hurry up October!
    I just plsyed one game there and it's way better than PES 6 used to be. Playing pes6 on ps2 and that's good but this seems to have the fluidity that pes 6 didn't have 360. I'm good at this game but useless at 350 pes6 incase your wondering why i hate that version so much.

Nailz wrote:
    :eek: Nuuurrrrd!!!! OMG, serious geek! SERIOUS!

Yep. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Is the demo only single player or can you play two player as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

havnt tried but I think its up to four player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

lol .....dont know if this was in pes 6 but i accidently discovered how to deliberate dive...... press LB+LT+RB :D

ciano1 wrote:
    lol .....dont know if this was in pes 6 but i accidently discovered how to deliberate dive...... press LB+LT+RB :D

wasn't in pro 6 but not sure if it should be in this pro, especially in online play. another way for people to cheat. but if konami want this pro to be more realistic then you can't blame them. thanks very much Drogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Has anyone gotten away with diving? I know in real life they do alot :D

Has anyone gotten away with diving? I know in real life they do alot :D

both times i dived i got yellow cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Had one game, thought it was $h!t. Unresponsive and it doesn't matter what button you press, the computer does what it wants anyway.

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote:
    Had one game, thought it was $h!t. Unresponsive and it doesn't matter what button you press, the computer does what it wants anyway.

Eh? Fifa for you then maybe? no offence but i reckon you're mad if you think that! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Played a few games and enjoyed it. Definitely prefer it to FIFA demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sure.... don't we all. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

mailrewop wrote:
    both times i dived i got yellow cards.
    When i get the real game ill give it a go with drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Nailz wrote:
    Sure.... don't we all. ;)

I only have my xbox a couple of weeks so have played neither franchise before but have definitely noticed a preference for PES on here. :D

Eh? Fifa for you then maybe? no offence but i reckon you're mad if you think that! :)

Hit A to play short pass, balls gots booted halfway up the pitch and not on the ground.
    Hold A to pressurise the opponent and it does a slide tackle.
    Had to hit pass 2 secs before it did anything...
    Wasnt a big fan of PES 6 either but it was definetely a lot better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

mcgovern wrote:
    Hit A to play short pass, balls gots booted halfway up the pitch and not on the ground.

Are you mad? I've played PES since it was ISS back on the Super Nintendo, and never once had 'A' done a lofted ball instead of a short pass, and never has 'A' did a slide tackle. Somethings wrong with your controller if thats happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just finished my first game there. A nil all draw brazil v turkey on prof. Liking it a lot. The speed is much better than Pro Evo 6. Player look a bit weird when they run tho

Julez wrote:
    Are you mad? I've played PES since it was ISS back on the Super Nintendo, and never once had 'A' done a lofted ball instead of a short pass, and never has 'A' did a slide tackle. Somethings wrong with your controller if thats happening!

No I'm not mad, thats why I said the game was messed up. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

mcgovern wrote:

On my 360 hit A to short pass = short pass...

I think something is up with yours.

BTW Pes 6 was a load of rubbish on 360 this one seems to be much better already and I only played 2/3 games.

Advertisement