Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PES 2008 Demo on live now

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just so ye know this isnt the finished version of the game. The october release will be alot more refined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

As long as it plays like the ps2 version it should be grand.

I hope they don't release a stripped down version like Pro Ev 6. What a sham of a game that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Makaveli, in my opinion the demo plays like it's the PS2 if ya get what I mean! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well I was a Fifa fan up to PES4 then I thought PES 5 on the Xbox was the best around however I then bought my Xbox360 with PES6 and it was crap compared to PES5 on the xbox.

So I swapped to Fifa 07 and thought it was much better first Fifa game I had played in years that was up to the mark I then got the Uefa Champions League which is Fifa 07 with a few tweaks and I was really looking forward to Fifa 08 but the demo didn't impress me at all.

PES 08 demo is much better imo, once you get over the Arcade feel to the menu's and actually play a game it rocks, So its PES 08 for me this year I just hope the online play is better at launch than PES6 was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I've played both FIFA and PES demos, and have to say, love both of them because they seem like organic developments in their respective series.

The one thing missing about Fifa 07 was the trick movement, the one thing missing about PES was next gen look and feel.

Both solved. Result.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Played it for a good bit over the weekend and I have to say its really impressing me.
    As some have said the running looks a bit odd which I think is being sorted.
    Playing as Spain most of the time and I was really getting into it and find that its all around better.
    I've always been a fan of this over Fifa(Even though I don't play it all that much) and I have to say I doubt I will be dissapointed when its released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I thought the 1st 2 goes I had were ****e but its always the way with a new pro-evo isnt it?

After a while though I started gettin used to it, the framerate drops something terrible, and it slows down a lot aswell (one thing I thought would be eliminated by now, hopefully coz its a demo?) but otherwise its brilliant, so hard to play 6 after playin it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

mailrewop wrote:
    thanks very much Drogba.

haha.

Downloaded and played it for a short time over the weekend.

Meh good game but no massive changes that I've noticed so far, could be different when the full game is released and I play it for a longer time though.

Advertisement