Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Car?

Options
  • 21-09-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Right the child inside is coming out again,

I want to buy an r/c car .... must be pretty durable, run on grass (sand would be great too) what happens these things if they get wet?

New to all of this so any advice would be great.

I'm thinking of this ??? http://www.boyztoysracing.com/index.php?subj=itemdetails&id=162

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hi bud,
    That one would not really run too well on grass. It is only 1/16 scale which is fairly Tiny.! :o

You really need 1/10 or even better 1/8 scale.
    Send Plug a PM. He is selling a T-Maxx i think.. also.... Coolwings has a nice 1/8 Buggy that I am sure is for sale as well.
    Anything decent would cost a lot more than that new. ;)

any more Q's just fire them in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Like vectra said 1/16th scale would be too small for you, Ive got a HPI Rush EVO that has just been broken in that comes with everything bar fuel and glow start,plus the good news is boyztoys have acces to HPI parts and they can be ordered in in halfords, its basically brand new. Heres a quick pic, google it if your interested or pm me and i can fill you in on the specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

projectgtr wrote:
    Like vectra said 1/16th scale would be too small for you, Ive got a HPI Rush EVO that has just been broken in that comes with everything bar fuel and glow start,plus the good news is boyztoys have acces to HPI parts and they can be ordered in in halfords, its basically brand new. Heres a quick pic, google it if your interested or pm me and i can fill you in on the specs.
    If I was you, just PM him yourself. i don't thinks he's looked over this thread after the orginal post.
    There nice little things, simple to operate. A nice beginner car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

will do man, yeah they are a great little starter and that t-15 is a little powerhouse for an RTR engine, and the chassis is very upgradeable, ill pm him now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

I also have a couple of revo's lying around that I am willing to part with :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies, sorry been up the walls, definitley interested in some 2nd hand gear. I'll write back later.

Cheers,
    Eoin.

Advertisement