Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Good TV, yay or nay?

• 21-09-2007 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks, just wondring if this was a decent TV - does it tick all the boxes as they say. Bare in mind, I'll hopefully be getting it at a very good price.

Thanks

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Teco 42" Lcd HD TV.

Teco 42" Lcd HD Tv TL4291RW Hdmi x 2.

With 30 years of experience and skill-set in audio-visual product development, TECO is now looking to firmly ground its presence in the field of AV-related products, and to make its mark on the home entertainment industry.
    Comes with a two year manufacturer on-site warranty. Please register your TV on receipt.

Specifications:

Panel:
    - Active Screen Size -42"
    - Aspect ratio - 16:9
    - Brightness (cd/m2) - 500
    - Contrast - 1000:1
    - Resolution - 1366x768
    - Response time (Tr/Tf ms) - 15/5
    - View Angle - 176/176 degrees

Video:
    - Comb filter - 3D
    - Progressive Scan - Yes
    - 3:2 Pull down - Yes
    - Noise reduction - Yes

Audio:
    - MTS/Nicam/A2 - Nicam/A2
    - AI audio - Yes
    - Spacial sound - Yes
    - Mute - Yes
    - Audio output - 10W+10W

Functions:
    - OSD - English, French, Spanish, Finnish, German
    - Swap 4:3-16:9 - Yes
    - TV/CATV channel - 250
    - Channel return - Yes
    - PIP/POP - Yes
    - Picture settings - Yes
    - Sound settings - Yes
    - Off timer - Yes
    - Channel edit - Yes
    - No signal auto off (15mins) - Yes
    - Teletext - 1000
    - APS - Yes

I/O ports:
    - HD ready - Yes
    - HDTV input (Y Pb Pr) - 1
    - VGA input - 1
    - HDMI (with HDCP) - 2
    - S-video input - 1
    - AV input - 1
    - Audio output - 1
    - SCART - 2

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

has all the specs, doesn't mean the picture will be good, only way to tell that is see it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

teco are one of the few companies that make their own LCD panels, Sony were using them for a while.
    I have seen the teco panel on some 3rd party chassis can't for the life of me recall the name now, but price/performance wise it was excellent.
    However as said above, you really need to view it as sets can perform differently even within a product range. So all I can really tell you here is that the panel is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭conax

Price?
    me or OP?:)

Advertisement