Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey: do you have a broadband access/availability problem?

Options
  • 21-09-2007 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Because I'm not sure that too many people do anymore. (The ongoing poll in another part of this section appears to claim that just 3 per cent of respondents can't access broadband services.)

But I'm researching an article on it, so if you can't get access to broadband, leave a comment, saying where you live. Cheers, Adrian Weckler.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

I live at Walterstown Cross, Darver[near knockbridge outside darver] on readypenny exhange
    we cant get any fixed line services and we aint on list to be upgraded from eircom, and they said it you aint on list , they will never upgrade you most likely
    we can properbly get a weak net 1 signal,but that doesnt count, because they refuse to come out
    My exhange is Readypenny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Lebow wrote:
    But I'm researching an article on it, so if you can't get access to broadband, leave a comment, saying where you live. Cheers, Adrian Weckler.

Why dont you just regurgitate that rubbish article you wrote about Granard last year ...you know the one where you took eircoms word for everything and never bothered doing the line tests or any other research yourself.

YOU , Mr Weckler, presented eircoms viewpoint uncritically .

YOU stated it was a demand issue . Yet a rudimentary battery of line tests showed that 45% of the lines in Granard passed for ADSL at the time.

Of the ones who COULD get it the takeup was somewhere around 18% :(

I recommend nobody has anything to do with Mr Weckler until he withdraws that article unreservedly . Its all here, including the research he NEVER did.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054944663&referrerid=59211

The 'research' bit is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51529134&postcount=5

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

My research suggests that Wireless and Cable is very important.

31% don't have a phone line.
    85% to 90% of the remainder may be on DSL exchanges.
    10% to 45% of lines fail depending on location.

Thus the majority may not have ADSL access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

I live in a new estate in Finglas, Dublin... on St. Margaret's Road and cannot get cable, dsl or wireless broadband. Yet anyway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lebow, I'm locking this thread

boards is not some place for you to do market research for free, if you want to do market research then I suggest you request permission first from the relevent people. If you open a new thread without doing this I will ban you.

Have a nice day :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement