Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke (liquid)

• 21-09-2007 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Bought a bottle of Coke from a local shop recently. Thought it tasted a bit off. Put if to one side and meant to bring it back, never bothered. Then yesterday I got a bottle from the canteen in work, same slightly off taste. I'd got a bottle from the same place earlier and it was fine. Now I've got two this afternoon, one fine, one 'off'.
    All the OK ones are best before Jan 07, have the b/b date on the shoulder, and have the same batch number or whatever it its.
    All the 'off' ones have are b/b Feb 08, have the date on the cap, and have a different batch number.
    They're all labelled identically.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed any change lately? Have they started bottling it somewhere else or changed something else? Cos the newer ones taste crap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Read the label.
    Some places sell foreign coke, which tastes like crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I had Mexican Coke this summer. It was fantabulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Terry wrote:
    Read the label.
    Some places sell foreign coke, which tastes like crap.
    Yeah, I know, that's the first thing I checked. But this is the Irish stuff, and it still tastes like crap. So much so that I'm finding it very hard to drink, and if they have changed something in the process, without daily Coke in sufficient quantities I'm just going to slide into a state of torpor that even beer won't rouse me from :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

A few places like Londis & Centra do weird tasting coke. The last bottle I got in Londis had what appeared to be Greek writing on it but when looked at the end of the label it said Sarajevo. So we are getting Bosnian coke in Ireland! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jessieannas

Make your own Coke :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

DO NOT i repeat DO NOT purchase coke with a language you cant read on it, tastes like dirt (coke with arabic script on it, im looking at you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Ibid wrote:

Mexican Coke eh? Intruiguing ... was it liquid or powder??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

German Coke is disgusting ;[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

Yeah I had that happen to me last feb our local supermarket got in a batch of disgusting coke. I mean I couldn't drink it and I love it for a treat. I think there's something going on alright cos it was Irish Coke. Not bottled anywhere else.
    The coke bottled in the North is amazing at the moment btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

A friend of mine used to drink so much coca-cola he had this formalised into a grade system. There were 7 grades, and then there was a type number. For instance, the coke that tastes like the coke in mcdonald's (which I believe has a shorter concentrate to cup lifetime) but comes in 500ml bottles was type 2, and if it was a dry fruity coke with a strong fizz it was grade a. He used to go to one centra for a 2-b (his favourite) and if he felt a bit exotic he'd enjoy a 3-a (the type similar to the one in pubs in glass bottles). Despite restaurant/pub coke being of a generally uniform grade and type, bottled coke is batch-dependent, and he could usually get a particular typegrade just by finding the correct shelf in the right shop/vending machine and looking at the labels. There's an excel spreadsheet somewhere. I'm sure coca-cola themselves probably possess something similar.

This went on for years.

To be honest, I could not usually tell the difference, but I do remember getting 7-e on moore street and I had to throw it away, it tasted like there was drugs in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I miss Cavan Cola. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

Ibid wrote:

We get it in Texas - no fructose. All cane sugar. Makes a big difference.

Also, certain pain killers and OTC drugs will result in a bitter taste in yer mouth when ya taste food for a while. I have heard even Ibuprofen and Acetomenaphen can have that effect.

Wez

Advertisement