Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from afterhours by Terry

Options
  • 21-09-2007 6:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭

For trolling.

Apparently trolling equals me saying that i find something funny even though the majority wouldn't.

Can an admin check out his reasoning behind this please :) also theres was at least 4-5 people with the same opinion as me on it.

If it cant be resolved ill go visit another forum.

Later folks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No, it's for being insensitive and offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

You were posting comments in a highly emotive thread and if you had any sense whatsoever about you, you'd have realised that you should have kept your mouth shut.

Your initial comment was bad enough but commenting AGAIN after people expressed displeasure at what you said, indicates to me that you were indeed trolling.

Terry was bang on and did the right thing.

Theres a time and a place and that thread certainly wasn't the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is not the first time you were caught acting up in After Hours. Ban justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

TheGooner wrote:
    You were posting comments in a highly emotive thread and if you had any sense whatsoever about you, you'd have realised that you should have kept your mouth shut.

Your initial comment was bad enough but commenting AGAIN after people expressed displeasure at what you said, indicates to me that you were indeed trolling.

Put it in Humanities then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

TheGooner wrote:

Then dont post it in afterhours?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that's bull****, we've gone through worse on the maggie thread, on the pope dying thread..

on every thread about every god damn world incident, after hours goes crazy with people arguing.. occasionally people get banned for personal insults, or obvious trolling.. but that was neither.

tak3n is clearly an idiot, but that's not a bannable offence.

bubonicus wrote:
    Put it in Humanities then.

Tell that to the OP. The point is, he should have had enough sense to let the smart arse remarks go after the first one he was pulled up on. He didn't and got banned.

Mordeth wrote:
    that's bull****, we've gone through worse on the maggie thread, on the pope dying thread..

on every thread about every god damn world incident, after hours goes crazy with people arguing.. occasionally people get banned for personal insults, or obvious trolling.. but that was neither.

tak3n is clearly an idiot, but that's not a bannable offence.

Thanks i guess :D
    I wasn't insulting the posters, just stating my opinion, it was afterhours afterall :rolleyes: and terry did not give a warning to me before banning... he posted a link which i didn't see to click.

Tak3n wrote:
    Then dont post it in afterhours?

Why should I leave AH because your a troll?

TheGooner wrote:
    Why should I leave AH because your a troll?

I never said leave it but if you were looking for a sympathetic response perhaps afterhours wasn't the right place for the thread ;)

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote:
    occasionally people get banned for personal insults, or obvious trolling.. but that was neither.
    The way, as Gooner pointed out, Tak3n kept on with his comments when he knew he was being obnoxious, is surely a form of trolling.
    And, sorry for repeating myself, but anyone who starts a thread asking guys whether they could bear to stay with their girlfriend if she had been raped, is clearly a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

You deserve the banning

he might have known you thought he was being obnoxious, but that's a very different thing. You and the gooner are not the be all end all of the morality of humour.

Tak3n wrote:
    I never said leave it but if you were looking for a sympathetic response perhaps afterhours wasn't the right place for the thread ;)

LOL I didn't put the thread there.

You posted a pretty ****ty comment in a thread where 99.9% of the posters were talking about how appalling it was.

So you weren't trolling, merely attention seeking?

What's wrong? Not enough cuddles as a baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

skip the cat pics

politicallycorrect.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

TheGooner wrote:

You posted a pretty ****ty comment in a thread where 99.9% of the posters were talking about how appalling it was.

So your saying out of 100 people 99 of them are right automatically makes the other one wrong?

TheGooner wrote:

You got your figures wrong a bit there... i wasn't the only one who found it funny.
    And in answer to your question.. yes i got enough hugs but it seems you never got enough education if you think it was 99.9% of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Tak3n wrote:
    If it cant be resolved ill go visit another forum.

Don't let the door hit your malcontent, trolling ass on the way out.

haha out? im still here baby and you havn't seen the last of me.

*cue evil laugh*

bubonicus wrote:
    skip the cat pics

politicallycorrect.jpg
    Ye-e-sss. We're clearly a bunch of PC loonies. I find it remarkable how a dislike of thuggish behaviour is now being overly PC.

• Advertisement

Tak3n wrote:
    haha out? im still here baby and you havn't seen the last of me.

*cue evil laugh*
    Clearly his only reason for being on Boards is to troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Moderation in AH has suddenly got a lot stricter. What's all this insensitivity crap now? It's after hours....

If I want to reply with 'lol' to a thread about someone who dies doing something stupid or not, then whats the big deal? It's a change from the rest of the RIP condolence posts which only exist to increase the posters post count. Who really gives a shit?

clearly your only reason for being on Boards is drama

Tak3n wrote:
    You got your figures wrong a bit there... i wasn't the only one who found it funny.
    And in answer to your question.. yes i got enough hugs but it seems you never got enough education if you think it was 99.9% of people.

I'm embarrassed for you now.

Instead of trying to look clever by ripping my post apart, why don't just admit your were out of order as the others users are pointing out.

BTW, not all users that found the incident funny have your posting history.

How is your girlfriend, did you dump her in the end? :D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Tak3n wrote:
    I wouldn't be so sure. The people who find that sort of thing amusing do so in the abstract, without actually thinking, "holy fcuk, this actually happened". It's sort of a reaction to disturbing events that people without the faculty to run appropriate thought processes often give.

Unless on the other hand, they're laughing at how much of an idiot the person who thought it was youtube material is. That I can laugh at.

Of course, you weren't thinking (on those lines) at all.

TheGooner wrote:
    I'm embarrassed for you now.

Instead of trying to look clever by ripping my post apart, why don't just admit your were out of order as the others users are pointing out.

BTW, not all users that found the incident funny have your posting history.

How is your girlfriend, did you dump her in the end? :D

Wasn't my girlfriend lol i was speaking hypothetically :D

I wouldn't be so sure. The people who find that sort of thing amusing do so in the abstract, without actually thinking, "holy fcuk, this actually happened". It's sort of a reaction to disturbing events that people without the faculty to run appropriate thought processes often give.

Unless on the other hand, they're laughing at how much of an idiot the person who thought it was youtube material is. That I can laugh at.

Of course, you weren't thinking (on those lines) at all.

Whatever my reason for finding it funny is, thats irrelevant. I shouldn't be banned for expressing and defending my opinion ESPECIALLY in Afterhours.

and what a delightful hypothetical it was

Tak3n wrote:
    Wasn't my girlfriend lol i was speaking hypothetically :D

You can't even defend yourself. That says it all.

Please act on your promise and post elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The people who find that sort of thing amusing do so in the abstract, without actually thinking, "holy fcuk, this actually happened". It's sort of a reaction to disturbing events that people without the faculty to run appropriate thought processes often give.

Nail. Head.

Welcome to Planet Stupid.

Mike.

Advertisement