Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 elite deals

• 21-09-2007 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

For those interested I just rang a few of the shops and :

Game
    460 - Elite with moh airborne or tigerwoods (40 off on trade in on any of the 2 games). When Halo 3 comes out they will have the same deal with that game.

Smyths
    460 - Elite with Gow or Blue Dragon and 2x5euro vouchers + membership card

Gamestop
    499 - Elite with any game + blue dragon (38 trade in on blue dragon)
    460 - Elite gow or crackdown

No idea what Virgin or Xtravision current deals are.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

cheers
    i've been waiting to buy one of these

has any one played blue dragon? is it worth getting?

gow seems like a better option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Personally I didn't like Blue Dragon, I got it with my system and traded it in after a few days. It felt more like watching a poorly animated movie than playing a game, but thats just my opinion, it does seem to be a popular game

i think GoW is the way to go do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Is that 460 yoyo or sterloin? I'm probably gonna wait till after xmas and get a Halo3 bundle. There should be a price drop by about february.

*Oblivious about the price of consoles these days*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

There was a price drop recently so that's reason enough to buy now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

New gaming pc is reason enough not to. The 360 can hook up to a dvi monitor cant it? Thatd be an extra reason for buying a new screen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

With an Elite a HDMI -> DVI adapter would do the trick. If you're buying a new screen make sure it's HDCP compliant though.

Flaccus wrote:
    For those interested I just rang a few of the shops and :

Game
    460 - Elite with moh airborne or tigerwoods (40 off on trade in on any of the 2 games). When Halo 3 comes out they will have the same deal with that game.

Smyths
    460 - Elite with Gow or Blue Dragon and 2x5euro vouchers + membership card

Gamestop
    499 - Elite with any game + blue dragon (38 trade in on blue dragon)
    460 - Elite gow or crackdown

No idea what Virgin or Xtravision current deals are.

which stores were these in?
    i had a look in game on dawson street, and gamestop in dun laoghaire and stephens green, and they were all offering the elite with blue dragon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

picked up an elite with halo ltd tin edition in hmv for €465 yesterday and they have the elite with halo standard edition for €450.

virgin have an elite with bioshock for €440 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gamsetop doing an old 360 plus 199 for the elite. My 360 is 2nd hand, does anyone know will gamestop take it, or do they have any way of identifying it as 2nd hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Basically as long as it works, is in decent nick and came with everything that came in the box (headset, harddrive, cables and controller) you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Gamsetop doing an old 360 plus 199 for the elite. My 360 is 2nd hand, does anyone know will gamestop take it, or do they have any way of identifying it as 2nd hand?

Your fine, I traded in a second hand 360 premium with a faulty DVD drive (didnt like to open, scratched disks bad) and without the headphones and they still had no problem giving me the Elite for 199 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Plasmoid

Was shopping around today in Cork.

Virgin had a couple of decent bundles, the one that caught my eye being

Elite with extra controller, Forza 2 and choice of any one of 4 games... one of which was Halo 3.
    €490

That seems the best to me that i have seen so far.

Advertisement