Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tunnel Progress

Options
  • 21-09-2007 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

The project actually has a website (www.limericktunnel.com - obtained from commuting and transport)

Website says it is ahead of schedule! It also has many photos of current progress

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Must keep an eye on that link ...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Just beware guys - they opened part of the ennis by-pass MONTHS ahead of schedule in a blaze of publicity.....which is great if you're going Limerick-Galway or vice versa, but the rest of it is months BEHIND schedule. It's all spin!!! And yes, I've become very cynical!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

If it gets finished before the traffic lights at the top of the slip road for the Tipperary road are finished, be prepared for constant accidents. I use that slip road regularly and its a deathtrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya thats a pain always looking for that little gap to get onto the tipp road, First i'm hearing about them putting traffic lights there but its a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

1huge1 wrote:
    Ya thats a pain always looking for that little gap to get onto the tipp road, First i'm hearing about them putting traffic lights there but its a great idea.

There was a nasty accident there again last Friday afternoon, thankfully nobody was seriously hurt.

Traffic lights are just an after thought though, engineering incompetance to design such an obvious dangerous junction in the first place. That whole junction needs to be redesigned, throwing traffic lights at it may not fix the problem.

BTW the traffic lights were supposed to be errected this month but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Traffic lights are a bad idea there. It's a non urban national route. there should be 2 flyovers so that e.g coming from Cork/Kerry intending to go to Waterford you should continue passed the current slip...take a flyover bringing you back in the Cork/Kerry direction then enter the slip on the correct side of the road and vice versa with the 2nd flyover

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ninty9er wrote:
    Traffic lights are a bad idea there. It's a non urban national route. there should be 2 flyovers so that e.g coming from Cork/Kerry intending to go to Waterford you should continue passed the current slip...take a flyover bringing you back in the Cork/Kerry direction then enter the slip on the correct side of the road and vice versa with the 2nd flyover

Yep similar to the Shannon airport road that joins the Ennis dual carriage way. Unfortunately that would be too obviouse to the NRA and County Council and would cost alot more than a set of traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ninty9er wrote:

I agree, but traffic lights are what is planned, however there is no indication of anything being done about it. Someone is going to die there.

Advertisement