Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work giving me hassle over peircing

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lmc11

il have it in a year this month..that sounds great,il be able to leave it in all night,so it should stay open..iwasnt sure if it would close within a couple of hours,the retainer was very uncomfortable..:D
    narco wrote:
    how long have you had it for?

id my lip done for just under a year when i had to take it out for work. basically, i was working in a daily homecare live-in situation, so worked all day, put it in for hour or so at night,got called outta bed, put it in for another hour or so, would get called again, take it out again, id say it was in total of 5hrs max in any given night. often less, and it was absolutely no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bordrlinepsycho

why dont you just wear the retainer without the ball on it?? i work in a pub and thats what i do..none of my managers ever said anything about it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

personally do not like seeing waitresses/ waiters with piercings myself. dunno maybe my own prejudice but i can see your managers point. appearance is not just about what clothes you wear. its the whole appearance top to toe.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

personally do not like seeing waitresses/ waiters with piercings myself. dunno maybe my own prejudice but i can see your managers point. appearance is not just about what clothes you wear. its the whole appearance top to toe.

:cool:

Ya see, if people could just be that bit more open minded, the world wouldn't have such problems. I've just started my new job with AIB. And I wore both my lip studs in for about two weeks. I was asked to take them out, and he asked nicely and was real polite about it. I'm 20 now. I don't have the courtesy of being able to have a 'Screw the system' attitude anymore. Sadly. So I took em out. And they're gone. For good now. :'( But, the job is great. It's well paid and the benifits are wonderful too. It just meas I gotta be more creative about my mods. They seem pretty ok with ear mods.... They're a little dodge about the stretches, but then again, they are pretty extreme to those who aren't into what we do. :)

So, basically, put a retainer in and quit the whining. As I say, build a bridge. You're lucky they'll let you away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

TheGooner wrote:
    :confused:

Ipod Generation?

ilike you, you make me larf.

• Advertisement

lmc11 wrote:
    iwork in ahotel

Is it the ibis?

6th wrote:
    Is it the ibis?

ibis? I likes your username, btw. Nice!

ibis hotel ... the whole "i" thing? iv ruined it now havent i?

I like my username too, it has magical powers.

Hahaha, I don't think it'll ever be ruined. Oh ya know. For the beers we should all put i infront of our names! iEmz. I likes it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

nuhuh! i've a genius idea for my badge. im actually planning my outfit around it:D

ok, could be goin a lil far there... ill see how it actually materialises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

lmc11 wrote:
    iwork in ahotel hav had my lip peirced a year,hav a small stud in it,now the new manager wants it out,isais imite be able to get see through keeper r sumntn,any help please,its so annoyin and has ntn to do wit my work..which i told him..
    (I'm in a troll mood) Well if you speak like that with it in then it's no wonder they want it out :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

6th wrote:
    Is it the ibis?

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

Jesus Christ iv never seen such bull over some one typing wrong..I'm getting sick of looking at this thread and people still going on about her first post..wtf people come here to look for advice not be abused..I'm sure some people here have been bullied over the years about there tatts or piercings and its not nice..so will people just grow up and give it a rest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lmc11

thank u,iknow some people just wont stop going on about it...p.s its not the ibis....some people are saying they dont like peircings even though there on a body modification site where people come to talk about their tattoo's and peircings..:confused:
    Jesus Christ iv never seen such bull over some one typing wrong..I'm getting sick of looking at this thread and people still going on about her first post..wtf people come here to look for advice not be abused..I'm sure some people here have been bullied over the years about there tatts or piercings and its not nice..so will people just grow up and give it a rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

...both my lip studs in for about two weeks. I was asked to take them out, and he asked nicely...

They had a problem with your lip studs but not your tattooed hands and wrists?

They had a problem with your lip studs but not your tattooed hands and wrists?

They have a problem with me in general. :) Ah yeah, they weren't happy with any of my ink, so long sleeves is the way to go. Honestly, I don't mind so much now. I have a great job that I don't wake up dreading, so that's gotta count for something.

Advertisement