Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college balls??

Options
  • 21-09-2007 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

why is freshers week in sligo so different to the rest of the country???its always on in envy and its just a night out with a special dj!!there's no offers or anything new???like maynooth have big bands in and DKIT have an actual college ball away from the usual student places!!!the DKIT college ball threw a thousand euro in fivers over the dancefloor lolol (probly cause a load of trouble but still lol).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Cause Sligo IT is Sh1T .... see what I did there? ;)

Um, basicly the SU in the IT get's paid royalties by the 'student' bars/clubs to bring all the business there.... I've no proof but it's pretty damn obvious and when I questioned it last year I was fobbed off

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

yea cause it would be nice to go somewhere different dont ya think???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A change of scenery would be nice. The Voodoo in Letterkenny has apparently taken over the garavogue so hopefully they do something cool with that.

You could always do what I did last year and organise a class party outside Sligo. We went to Letterkenny - twas mad craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

The IT is a miserable environment socially. Events always seem to end up in the canteen which pisses me off. When I go to the canteen I want my dinner, not dj baldy mick.

I guess nothing ever changes unless people make it happen. We have two fantastic halls now on campus and I think lunchtime events should be held in either of these.

That canteen is hard enough to tolerate at the best of times, its filthy, scruffy, crowded and certainly not a pleasent environment for consuming food. So when they add blaring music or some phuk in a giant santa suit - that just makes me angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

yea i have to agree!!i just thought it would be ncie to go somewhere else aapart from the smelly hole that is envy!!!why do the students not speak up also???in most colleges the students go mad if they dont get their way btu ins ligo they just seem to take it!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

flynnser19 wrote:
    yea i have to agree!!i just thought it would be ncie to go somewhere else aapart from the smelly hole that is envy!!!why do the students not speak up also???in most colleges the students go mad if they dont get their way btu ins ligo they just seem to take it!!!

Well Toffs has started opening Wednesday nights so people do have an option of going somewhere other than envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

Well Toffs has started opening Wednesday nights so people do have an option of going somewhere other than envy.

Yeh but most first years arent 19+..

These opinions should be forwarded to the SU. Maybe should e-mail the Sligo IT forum to the guys? (feck it ill do it myself)

Agree about the canteen. Canteen should be for food (And tbh I dont even eat there cause it's damn expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Envy has a contract with the SU whereby they are the only club allowed to promote its events in the college and its the only club to hold official IT events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,924 ✭✭✭✭Basq

But on the upside, Kate Lawler is DJ-ing in 'Envy'!

lawler43480x272.jpg

Nooooice! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

basquille wrote:
    But on the upside, Kate Lawler is DJ-ing in 'Envy'!

lawler43480x272.jpg

Nooooice! ;)

can she DJ?

what weekend is the graduation on in november??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

gucci wrote:
    can she DJ?

Yeah, she was a DJ even before she went on big brother, shes supposed to be pretty good.

Advertisement