Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sack o' Sullivan and The Goons that extended his Contract

• 21-09-2007 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Most will say this is OTT but the World Cup has been really disappointing. We now need FOUR TRYS against Argentina!!!!

Sack Eddie when we get home for the following reasons in no particular order
    1. No tactical plan.
    2. No Cutting edge
    3. Poor preparation coming up to the game
    4. Picking Andrew Trimble
    5. The alienation of Geordan Murphy
    6. Too predictable
    7. No imagination
    8. No alteration of players in early games to allow them get to know each other
    9. No development of fringe players

Also why oh why was he given an extension BEFORE the World Cup???

Argentina -Ireland : who will win? 71 votes

Argentina , Ireland out
    0% 0 votes
    Ireland , Argentina out
    91% 65 votes
    Ireland , but Ireland out
    8% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

There has to have been a catch in the contract, ie a performance clause.

I hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I hope and i really hope this is the end of his career. Oh Gatland please come back we regret what we did we truly do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

dixiefly wrote:
    Most will say this is OTT but the World Cup has been really disappointing. We now need FOUR TRYS against Argentina!!!!

1. No tactical plan.
    2. No Cutting edge
    6. Too predictable
    7. No imagination

+1

And the extension before the World Cup was ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Forgive my ignorance but where the fcuk was Stringer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Hagar wrote:

In the stand............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Hagar wrote:

Dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Hagar wrote:
    Dropped. another reason to be added to the list for EoS to go.
    Gatland, we apologise.

Hagar wrote:

Who cares Reddan beats his ass any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

Dropped. another reason to be added to the list for EoS to go.

WTF? Reddan was very good. If you think Stringer would have made any difference you're dreaming. Let's not get nostalgic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

injured or dropped, not sure. Thats the least of our concerns, Reddin actually had a good game.

• Advertisement

Celui que vous disiez...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

dixiefly wrote:

1. No tactical plan.
    2. No Cutting edge
    6. Too predictable
    7. No imagination

Also why oh why was he given an extension BEFORE the World Cup???

Here here,
    Eddie had a crack at the ref on Newstalk!!

bugler wrote:
    WTF? Reddan was very good. If you think Stringer would have made any difference you're dreaming. Let's not get nostalgic.

Reddan was great and Eddie was right to select him but this shouldnt have been his first game.

bugler wrote:

I really do think that nothing was lost by Stringer's absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I lambasted Chucky for comparing EOS to Stan after the 6 nations -- but he was spot on -- 2 muppets -- Trimble had a blinder , and his use of the bench defied logic -- if i was a senior player i'd push for him to be axed , hes doing nothing for them , just his greedy pockets

I think it was a change on a night when we need continiuity.
    Maybe the right change on the wrong night.

Ok - Give me all the permutations and combinations - what do Ireland really need to do against the Argies to progress...................?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'm gonna go with: 1 miracle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

crosstownk wrote:
    Ok - Give me all the permutations and combinations - what do Ireland really need to do against the Argies to progress...................?

Score at least 4 tries AND beat Argentina by at least 7 points. Not going to happen unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

5 points with no bonus for the argie's.

that simple.

• Advertisement

Bring in Murphy and Hickie.

Drop Trimble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ongarite

No scrap the EOS gameplan and play like Cheika lets them play for Leinster. Its the only way we can score the tries needed.

obl wrote:
    I'm gonna go with: 1 miracle

Hopefully the miracle will be realised - especially as I have tickets for the game :) But I reckon it will be a non-event.

There has to be something wrong with O Gara in the head. He hasn't played well for Munster or Ireland in a few months.

ongarite wrote:
    No scrap the EOS gameplan and play like Cheika lets them play for Leinster. Its the only way we can score the tries needed.

Kinda helps to have the ball first :rolleyes:

Sorry but we dont have forwards to go for a Leinster game plan.

Here can some Munster man please tell me this. Was Marcus Horan a winger when he was 12 and just ended up eating too many pies and ending up as a prop. Someone should kick him up the arse cause he still thinks he's a winger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

A new team.

Stev_o wrote:
    Here can some Munster man please tell me this. Was Marcus Horan a winger when he was 12 and just ended up eating too many pies and ending up as a prop. Someone should kick him up the arse cause he still thinks he's a winger

Why was Horan trying a grubber kick to score in the forst half and then the man on the wing in the 2nd half with the overlap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

fresh thinking, fresh legs, smells as stale and rank as bad cheese, we need a change of coach and especially a change of captain.

ongarite wrote:
    There has to be something wrong with O Gara in the head. He hasn't played well for Munster or Ireland in a few months.

Last good game was against the Scots - did have a bad injury though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

threads merged.

jimd2 wrote:
    Last good game was against the Scots - did have a bad injury though.

Thats what Hook and Co. are saying basically. What happened to him again, he got crushed under a maul??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Was stringer not dropped due to his sh!tness against Goergia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eamosthemighty

give the man time 4 years ahead. like the soccer team we are re-building. eddies the man as well as stan for the soccer team

RuggieBear wrote:
    threads merged.

Fine - that's grand RB.

I do think that O'Gara has had a poor RWC - his kicking has been less than satisfactory. I'm a big fan of O'Gara - he played great in the 6N, but the RWC seems to be escaping him, unfortunately.

give the man time 4 years ahead. like the soccer team we are re-building. eddies the man as well as stan for the soccer team

Sorry man thats BS. We have THE best team of players we will ever have for probably another ten years and EOS has blown it.
    Nice flaming first post BTW...

• Advertisement

Dempsey & Trimble were at fault for the second try.

We need Murphy in especially to provide a bit of creativity.

We will see if Eddie can put logic over ego and select him or the Argie game.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Drop Donncha, Trimble, Easterby, Girvan, and Horan. Bring in Malcolm, Hickie, Geordan and Alan Quinners. And someone else in the frontrow who isn't one of those annoying Best brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

While I agree that EOS is a muppet and have done for a long time. He has played his 'best' team consistently and has blooded nobody new.

However, the players must take some blame, O Gara (I await the Munster backlash here) is NOT world class. The fact is we have nothing else (well EOS doesn't provide anything else). Stringer for all his qualities is not good enough, he is not a Lion...need i say anymore. Reddan is the future for 3-4 years I hope. O Callaghan is too indisciplined, O Kelly is too old and slow....we are struggling at 2nd row at the minute.

As for the front row, a definite force 2 years ago, they are just ageing now.

On the positive side, we have players coming through, Reddan, Ian Humphreys, Neil Best.........the question is, have we any front rows or decent options at 2nd row (dont give me Cullen, Bob Casey as options)??

Maybe we can perform a miricle, Munster have done it many a time in the Heineken Cup or am I clutching at straws!!

jimd2 wrote:

We need Murphy in especially to provide a bit of creativity.

We will see if Eddie can put logic over ego and select him or the Argie game.

Well i can see Eddie saying this at the press conference "Yes i think really that Murphy.......................................................hasnt................well he didnt do well against France in the 6N.....................soo therefore it all adds up and is obvious when you think about it that he shouldnt play against Argentina"

If he doesnt start him then my god that man has lost his mind altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

I cant see how Ireland can beat Argentina not to mind beat them by at least 7 scoring 4 tries.

Struggling to score. No back line movement, No lineout. A Shambles.

Hard not to see how EOS cannot be blamed.

• Advertisement

Morgans wrote:
    I cant see how Ireland can beat Argentina not to mind beat them by at least 7 scoring 4 tries.

Unfortunately, I agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

EOS is safe as houses and he knows it, we'll have four more years of super conservative selections and poor use of the subs bench. Either he has to go or a lot of the squad has to go and it's easier to get rid of one man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

its a 22 man game now, but eos recons its a 10 man game, players are stale, looks like the preperation drained them, they look and play like guys with a low blood count, a dose of iron tabs would not go astray, the ones pregnant women take

Eddie had the cheek to say the the Ref blew us out of the water

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

We beat England by 4 tries at Croker, and let's be fair Argentina are no great shakes. They're certainly no South Africa or New Zealand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,151 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

4 tries against argentina forget it. they couldn't do it against Georgia's second team. i'm waiting for someone to say there is a great performance in this team and we're being overly negative:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Changing one or 2 players isn't going to fix anything. I disagree with dixiefly on trimble, but everything else for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭keystone

jayteecork wrote:
    We beat England by 4 tries at Croker, and let's be fair Argentina are no great shakes. They're certainly no South Africa or New Zealand.

And we aren't the team of that day in Croker at the moment.

Also, what would the Argies have done to that English side.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

why is everybody so fcuking negative!?they can do it and Eddie is an excellent coach!C'MON IRELAND!!!!!!!!

jayteecork wrote:

Hhahah oh god theres always one. Where have you been the last 2 weeks? Their the only side in our group that wants to progress and thats been reinforced on the pitch. Sorry but we arent going to win unless that whole side gets food poisoning or we buy the ref a huge gold watch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement