Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless questions/problems

• 21-09-2007 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭

Is there any reason why WPA should be less reliable than WEP? I've just switched my home-network to WPA but it seems to throw me off the network a lot. And it can take ages to connect in the first place.

There shouldnt really be any difference should there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You were right to make the change. To answer your question, I don't see any reason why it should either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Aye, had to go back to WEP, was causing too much grief with the other users of the network, it was throwing users off the network every few minutes, and taking several minutes or longer to re-connect.

I'll have a bash at it again, but is there any common settings that tend to cause instability?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

As long as you rename your SSID, don't emmit the broadcast name and give yourself an 8 digit WPA-PSK (with letters and numbers) your grand.

Advertisement