Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The 1.3 on log book scam.

Options
  • 21-09-2007 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Everytime you look through the autotrader you see guys floggin off, lets say a common one like a starlet 1.3 turbo but a 1.3 n/a on logbook. Or a 1.3 dx civic with a b18 engine conversion in it.

My question is how do people pass there nct tests and so on?!

Thanks for reading. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Probably 'know the lads in the test centre' thing or nct lads dont care along as its roadworthy ?

While were at it , maybe this would work for the noise laws regarding exhausts .....
    Just get a company to do noise tests on standard versions of the-most-likely-to-be-modded cars from X metres away in X position and stick it in a database.Then just allow a few db here n there for wear n tear.

This allows for the fact that stuff like evos,ferraris etc are louder than other cars from new , and the whole "but car manufaturers use outside sources for parts etc " argumenets

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

but why one rule for Ferarris and Evos and another for everyone else. either a car is noisy or it isn't. If they are doing this for social reasons then why discriminate between whether it's modified or not. either ban all loud exhausts or don't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

colm_mcm wrote:
    but why one rule for Ferarris and Evos and another for everyone else. either a car is noisy or it isn't. If they are doing this for social reasons then why discriminate between whether it's modified or not. either ban all loud exhausts or don't.
    very well said.,;)
    and any time ive ever had a car in the NCT centre they never check the engine size or even the engine numbers and the like,.,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

vtec wrote:
    very well said.,;)
    and any time ive ever had a car in the NCT centre they never check the engine size or even the engine numbers and the like,.,

it doesnt matter if your driving a mini with a 2 liter integra vtec engine in it, once its road worthy it will pass the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Speaking of the NCT, is it mandatory for a car to have a rear fog lamp to pass the NCT??..I bought my 97 Glanza a month ago, It was just through the NCT when I bought it but it has no rear fog lamp?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

rear fog lamp not necessary for NCT, but worthwhile getting for safety's sake.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Speaking of the NCT, is it mandatory for a car to have a rear fog lamp to pass the NCT??..I bought my 97 Glanza a month ago, It was just through the NCT when I bought it but it has no rear fog lamp?..

no, not needed, but if theres one there it has to work or it will fail.

Advertisement