Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here got Halo3 early?

• 21-09-2007 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

I have heard of people in the UK that bought Halo3 in shops early and I was wondering is there anyone here in Ireland that got their hands on a copy of the game?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Fieldog and kearnsr have it, other than that the only store I know of that broke streetdate here is an Argos in Cork, a few lads got copies here. Haven't heard of any others, and Argos copped onto the mistake during that day so you can't get them there anymore. Then there are some that are playing thanks to less kosher/legal ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I also have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I got it myself buy haven't played it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Have it too. Great game!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

kensutz wrote:
    I also have it

I think he meant who got legit copies :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have a legit copy. MS sealed and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Much good???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Nailz wrote:
    Much good???

I think its savage. If only I didnt have to eat (and some other stuff!) I'd be playing it all day

May this.... *ah-hem*, "other stuff" have to do with... pleasure... :D

Nailz wrote:
    May this.... *ah-hem*, "other stuff" have to do with... pleasure... :D

Unfortunately no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

kearnsr wrote:
    I have a legit copy. MS sealed and all

never said YOU didnt :D

kearnsr wrote:
    Unfortunately no
    Awwww....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

evad_lhorg wrote:

That I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cashman

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I did mean legit copies of Halo3

Nailz wrote:
    Awwww....:confused:

Even if I did she'd be playing second fiddle to MC this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Multiplayer quiet then is it??:D

kearnsr wrote:
    Even if I did she'd be playing second fiddle to MC this weekend
    What!?! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Im going in to collect mine shortly, once GameStop is open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Melion wrote:
    Im going in to collect mine shortly, once GameStop is open
    Are they selling it early and if so which store? Or do you just have a bud there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Used to work there, the lad i know in there rang me yesterday to make sure i still want my copy of the special edition. Its in the store, just a matter of convincing him to give it to me today, shouldnt be a problem. He gave me Blue Dragon 3 or 4 days before it was released

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote:
    What!?! :eek:

Just this weekend. Would all be back to normal tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

cant get mine till the 26th, whats the point in being a weekend manager when you cant even get early release dates, stupid argos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Friday booked off so I can get a good chance to sit down and enjoy this :D Having it early would just spoil the fun next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

just got it there, shall commence playing this very moment

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I was supposed to have it yesterday, but that was pushed back to it being posted on Monday, so I'll have it on Tuesday hopefully.

Played it for a few hours at a press showing the other week, the NDA lapsed so now can give you all spoilers... ah, no I wouldn't do that.

From what I played of it "back to the first Halo" only kind of describes it. It plays better then two, with more of a story-led feel in places.

New weapons such as detachable turret guns are a nice, as is the hammer weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Not that great graphics wise, I'd put GOW ahead of it, gameplay is good, its pretty hard even on Normal. I'll give it another go tonite

monument wrote:
    New weapons such as detachable turret guns are a nice, as is the hammer weapon.

You had the detachable turret in the beta.

Dont like the flame thrower as I keep killing myself with

its halo 1 with todays graphics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

kearnsr wrote:
    its halo 1 with todays graphics.

Hopefully there's no Library Mark 3 :p
    Looking like a rent for me still. Anyone finished the campaign yet? What kind of length?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Hopefully there's no Library Mark 3 :p
    Looking like a rent for me still. Anyone finished the campaign yet? What kind of length?
    aH Johnny man you will need to get this game....:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement