Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to LAN

Options
  • 22-09-2007 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I don't really know anything about computers, and I really need some help. I used to have wireless broadband at home, which I could connect to on my laptop, but I've moved house and I have free internet access but I'm not able to connect to it. The connection is through a LAN port, and I have the cable plugged in but I'm not sure what to do next.
    When I go to connect I can chose between my old wireless and a new broadband connection which doesn't seem to work, but I was told that there should be a LAN option too which is the one I would be connecting to.
    Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

When you plug he cable into your laptop port do you see any LED activity on the connector? Is your laptop set up with DHCP? Can you see your ethernet connection on device manager? If you know the ip address of your router(gateway) can you ping it?

Networking 101 stuff, plenty of resourses on the web. Google is your friend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 help07

I just bought a Inspiron 530 and cannot transfer CD's onto the harddrive i have a RW thing! but the music wont load when i insert a CD or go onto itune please help....

Advertisement