Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

favourite entrance themes

• 22-09-2007 3:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

dont think theres been a thread about this, any federation can be picked,ill start in no particular order:

sting-wcw circa 1997, the "crow" music was fantastic, built to a great theme and suited the character perfectly

stone cold steve austin, summed up the character of the rattlesnake in a few chords,even his disturbed remix when he turned heel was great

jake the snake roberts-face version, my favourite wrestling entrance theme of all time

the undertaker- again perfectly suited to the character and to hear it live at wrestlemania 23 made the hairs on my arms stand on end, the one entrance every wrestling fan should see live

brock lesnar- aggressive,pissed off,cool

hulk hogan-real american,who doesnt mark out at this?

vince mcmahon-no chance- ive seen the power march in person and its a sight to behold

mr perfect- just a class piece of music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

LOD (Hawk and Animal)- It shook arenas around the world and a shiver down your spine. What a tag team, one of my all time favourites who knew what it was all about. :)Link.

Jimmy Snuka Link.

Honky Tonk Man (for the funny factor) Link.

I'm sure there are plenty more that I will think of later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

All American Boys- Fabulous Rougeaus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Jeff Jarrett from the early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Hart Foundation 1st theme or Repo Man:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

The Briscoe Brothers - Gimme Back My Bullets

Bryan Danielson - The Final Countdown

CM Punk - Misera Cantare (The Beginning) (His ROH one)

Christian - At Last (Mainly for the intro)

Christian - TNA Theme

Honourable mentions to Regal's "Man's Man", Hardy's, Punk's ECW theme, Orton's, Edge's, Benoit's, Bret's, nWo's, Flair's and DiBiase's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Hardy Boyz-Death from Above

Sting TNA- Don't know what the song is called

Hulk Hogan - Real american....the WCW one wasn't bad either- This a remix with both of them

The Original DX

Thats all for now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Double C wrote:
    The Briscoe Brothers - Gimme Back My Bullets

Bryan Danielson - The Final Countdown

CM Punk - Misera Cantare (The Beginning) (His ROH one)

I was going to mention those three! I had a dream the other night that I made someone crash a car because they played Sweet Home Alabama instead of the Briscoes music. It suits them so well

Danielson's is just a great sing-along for the chorus, and Punk's would set the atmosphere brilliantly, apart from the fans with no sense of rhythm

I always loved Mick Foley's music

Taker's music is great for the big occasions, but it gets a bit tedious for me on weekly tv

I thought Angle's TNA music was crap at first, then it really grew on me, but they've ruined it with rapping now

Raven's WCW theme was deadly. Sandman deserves a mention because his music was such a big part of his gimmick
    All American Boys- Fabulous Rougeaus

That's such a catchy song

Fozzy wrote:

That's such a catchy song (All American Boys-Rougeaus)

I think most would agree that it was catchy. Not everyone would agree it was good! I couldn't help but like it though. Just a perfect song for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I second the love for Miseria cantare, Gime Back my bullets and Final Countdown, just great sing along tunes.

I noticed the other night on RAW that Santino Marella's music is ****ing awesome.

Also always had a soft spot for Enter Sandman, the DX theme, Mr McMahons theme and Time toPlay the Game.

Oh and Delerious' t.heme is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

There are so many it deserves a top 10.

10. Kurt Angle (WWF)
    9. Undertaker
    8. Flair
    7. Tazz
    6. The Hurricane
    5. The Rock
    4. Kennedy (if you include Mr........ etc.)
    3. D-X (old)
    2. Bad Ass Billy Gunn
    and of course. ..................
    1. The New Age Outlaws

• Advertisement

Ultimate Warrior or LOD , mainly for the pop factor .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I could explain my favourites but I made a video a few months ago of my top twenty favourite themes:

The top 20 wrestling themes of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Good work MNG. I love that picture of Jericho giving Austin the fingers! Kudos on the Bill Hicks vids too :D

I could explain my favourites but I made a video a few months ago of my top twenty favourite themes:

The top 20 wrestling themes of all time

I was pleasantly surprised that the Rougeaus got in. I DEMAND they be higher though! And going from some of the comments it's clearly the cult favourite!

Demolitions was also a fine piece of music. I think it play apart in their popularity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Double C wrote:
    Good work MNG. I love that picture of Jericho giving Austin the fingers! Kudos on the Bill Hicks vids too :D

Thanks. Someone congratulated me on Austin's picture appearing at 3:16 but that was purely accidental. :)

PS Glad to hear you're a Bill Hicks fan!
    I was pleasantly surprised that the Rougeaus got in. I DEMAND they be higher though! And going from some of the comments it's clearly the cult favourite!

Oh yeah that theme is legendary! I actually uploaded the whole theme once but WWE must have got to it because it was removed. :(

Oh yeah that theme is legendary! I actually uploaded the whole theme once but WWE must have got to it because it was removed. :(

I just searched for it. I know we're not supposed to but surely the Fabulous Rougeau theme is an exception to any man made rule on videos. On second thoughts, better stick it in the video section.

Link here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54063508#post54063508

Also Akeem and Bossmans theme was fine 80's cheese too with the Slickster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I just searched for it. I know we're not supposed to but surely the Fabulous Rougeau theme is an exception to any man made rule on videos. On second thoughts, better stick it in the video section.

Link here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54063508#post54063508

Also Akeem and Bossmans theme was fine 80's cheese too with the Slickster.

I was going to say Slick's was the business, and Demolition kicked ass. Savage's Land of Hope and Glory stands out over most as it is such an emotive piece of music; Savage's own sense of wow made it stand out that bit more, and Davey Boy Smith is there in my mind anytime I hear Rule Britannia. Goldust's I love but the best has got to be the Bushwackers, combined with their ring entrance.

Locally, Mad Man Mansons is as good as any theme anywhere.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, in that order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

greatest entrance ever = Sandman at One Night Stand, New York, June 2005 :D

I used to love Big Daddy's entrance from the early 1980s when i was a kid, "oh we shall not be moved :p"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Beth Phoenix I think is good and i'm serious and I like NWO Wolfpack aswell, Randy Savage/Black Machismo, Alex Shelley, Shawn Michaels, Abyss, Benoit Our Lady of Peace), Christian (All of Them), AMW, Cactus Jack, Vampiro, Goldberg (WCW), Mr Perfect, Too Cool, Hardy Boyz, DDP, Undertaker, RVD, Aj Styles, Tatanka Original, Samoa Joe, Raven (TNA), Chistopher Daniels, 4 Horsemen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

dont think anyones mentioned it yet but....

Demolition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I love Triple H's theme (any of the motorhead and drowning pool ones)!

That Christian one (at last) that someone posted is amazing. Can't believe I never realised how good it was.want it as my ring tone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Cant believe no one has mentioned Jerichos WWE entrance music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

Stone Cold's is the best imo.

"When you hear the glass, it's your ass" :D Good days.....

Also like Mr. Perfects, nWo's, Hogans and Kanes old one with the organ at the start.

Edit: I forgot about Vampiros old one in TNA when he was in some generic evil Faction with Jim Mitchell or someone. Does anyone know a place to get that, It was savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Randy Orton at the moment. Burn In My Light is class.

Obviously Austins was perfect for him, those instant impact themes that work so well if that wrestler is doing a run in.
    I liked Kane/Xpac's one. That was cool.
    HHH, motorhead are class.

Obvious mentions: DX/Rock (IF YA SMELL, not Do you smell)/HHH Original, (1,2 is this on)

Funny Mentions: Mr Ass(listen to the whole song, so funny), HBK, Shane O Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Worst one: Mixture of Orton and Egde, Rated RKO. It was really frustratingly unsatisfactory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Santino Marella's has really grown on me since hearing it in Dublin lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

So, so many.

Kane's (with or without the words) has long been a fav of mine.
    The Hardy Boys'.
    The Dudleys'
    Edge's
    HBK's
    HHH's
    Y2J's (especially with the original countdown)
    Flair's
    Matt Hardy's
    Rob Conway's (well, maybe not, but it made me laugh)
    Taker's (Kid Rock!)
    JBL's (suited him. Very presidential. Complete with animal sounds)
    Eddie Guerrero (struggling to pick my favorite one)
    Mick Foley's

So many more, but I don't want to be here all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Kane's (Both versions)
    Y2J's
    Austins (Both versions)
    Edge (Current)
    Mankinds
    Cactus Jacks (My ringtone!)
    Matt Hardys
    HHH (Motorhead)

But number one, is DX's original. I could name loads....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Anyone remember the brood's theme tune? Marvellous Marc Mero's was quite good too. Its a pity they were crap wrestlers(excluding E+C of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

The Undertakers original Ministry music(the one with the guitar solo) was excellent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Evolution's theme had swagger, pomp and all round bad ass-ness. You could imagine Flair, HHH, Orton, Batista all suited up casually strolling to the ring while the song is playing (or maybe its like that in my head?) :D

Shaneomac wrote:
    Anyone remember the brood's theme tune? Marvellous

The broods theme tune was amazing. And Gangrel made up for his inability to wrestle with his entrance. I miss the brood:(

Advertisement