Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World in conflict

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

ah yeah, thats right, didnt occur to me (i have the game, but dont really follow any story lines). question tho, is it alot more impressive in dx10? and is it alot more demanding in dx10?

good to hear that opposing fronts is good, ill start on that when im thru with world in conflict.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Might try the Multiplayer tonight and report back.

I only play online,its a total blast,still havent played the campaign.
    is it alot more impressive in dx10?

Click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op4S1CRK10A

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

This has to be the best rts i've played since starcraft. Buy it now.

Same vid as above in high res.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/YangXangai/video/1420094/World-in-Conflict---DX10-tecnologies

ah yeah, ive seen that vid, but i want an opinion of sumone who has played both in dx9 &10, i tried company of heroes a while ago in dx10 when it jus came out, but dx10 really sucked the juice outta my rig, it went ue choppy. i wanna know is there a big performance decrease, and is it worth it to go dx10

(i ask because if i go dx10, i have to install vista again, move lots of files,...be stuck with vista again(altho, sp1 is out in beta, maybe its not annoying anymore...im waffelin now... so yeah, answers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

well whether it's worth it now or not it's a move you are going to have to make at some point so why not make the jump now

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote:
    well whether it's worth it now or not it's a move you are going to have to make at some point so why not make the jump now

noted, but the thing is, my rig has been vistafied numberous times, im just gettin sick of switchin between vista and xp (reason i have vista/xp in my sig is because i switch between the two about twice a month, i keep thinkin ill stick with vista, but sumthin always manages to bug me, and makes me go back to xp. vista just doesnt live up to my expectations for many things, and games is definatly one of those things....unless dx10 is a bit more sorted out now?

i dont wanna dual boot by the way, and have only one hdd, couldnt be arsed getting another

Advertisement