Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Webstar modem: is it also a router, how to configure?

Options
  • 22-09-2007 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I'm on NTL and have the NTL-supplied Webstar modem connected to my own D-Link DGL-4300 wireless router.

I'm having some trouble with bittorrent applications and I'm wondering whether they aren't due to the Webstar modem (the EPC2203) also having some router functions that conflict with my router.

Anyone know?

Also: any way to configure this modem? I know that going to http://192.168.100.1 allows you to view status pages, but there's no way to enter a password or do any configuring. Telnetting to that address gets nowhere as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

you do have the modem connected to the WAN port and not the switch ports on the Dlink?

There is nothing to configure on the Webstar. It's a modem.

Some Dlink routers run out of RAM for connections, can be a problem with torrents. See is there a firmware upgrade.

NTL are alleged to do traffic shaping. I have no opinion on this, it may be untrue.

If everything else is OK, then the problem is not the Webstar.

Advertisement