Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to boards - restricted forums?

Options
  • 22-09-2007 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

hi all
    just joined boards.ie this week, really enjoying browsing around and reading some interesting posts, hope to get to know a few people here over time.

Quick question - why are some forums in the drop down menu restricted and how can i get access to them?
    thanks

Comments

Some are restricted to subscribers/Mods/etc. (i.e. Sex & Sexuality), others are closed so no-one can post in them (i.e. Web Hosting). Others are hidden altogether and you've to ask the mod's permission to give you access.

What is the forum you were looking to access?

Welcome btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

nothing specific, just noticed i could access some but not all for instance the sex and sexuality forum.
    how do you subscribe, and what are closed forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

and thanks for the welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

See this thread on how to subscribe.

Have a look around the Newbie/ FAQ forum, which is where I'm moving this thread to.

carolmon wrote:
    nothing specific, just noticed i could access some but not all for instance the sex and sexuality forum.
    how do you subscribe, and what are closed forum?

Subscribing means donating to boards.ie, and you would get certain 'benefits' in return. I think the sex and sexuality is only open to the groups of people I mentioned because it would limit the discussions to certain age groups who have access to credit cards/pre-pay cards.

Closed forums occur when one of the admins closes the complete forum and then no-one can post anything at all in that forum. If you scroll over to Web Hosting (it's in 'Tech') you'll see that you can't start a thread there or do anything else. If it's not what you're curious about, then never mind :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement