Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I like cake!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

PaddyJules wrote: »
    Loving all the pics of the cakes and cupcakes. Just wondering what nozzle is the best for piping on cupcakes. Love the effect like the picture posted by Stray-Cat few days ago.

Wilton M1 or similar is popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

ye are all so talented in here!! Everything looks amazing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

107jewp.jpg

Made this at the weekend.

Carrot and Walnut Cake with Maple Frosting

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

My first, and probably only, 'Princess Cake' that I made for my daughters 6th birthday party a week ago. There was an audible 'ooooooh' from the little girlies, well worth the 3 hours it took to make:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crystal sprinkle

Made these recently.

553729_281662811938346_1448749812_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Whoopie pies <3 They were delicious!

nFX7p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

they look to die for,:) I make some other day with fluffy marshmallow filling, filling was fine, but whoppie's not half as nice and high as yours, mine like flat blobs :( would you mind posting the recipe please, have looked in recipe thread and none there,
    Many thanks

Thanks! I used this recipe for the pies, and just a regular buttercream for the filling http://www.joyofbaking.com/WhoopiePies.html It has baking powder and baking soda, so they should rise lots for you! Also make sure all the ingredients are bound properly, and that you don't open the oven too much while cooking. I used Green and Black's cocoa, very rich and went well with the light, sweet filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Twee. wrote: »
    Thanks! I used this recipe for the pies, and just a regular buttercream for the filling http://www.joyofbaking.com/WhoopiePies.html It has baking powder and baking soda, so they should rise lots for you! Also make sure all the ingredients are bound properly, and that you don't open the oven too much while cooking. I used Green and Black's cocoa, very rich and went well with the light, sweet filling.

I used this one too and they turned out much better than other recipes I've tried.

thanks a mill for link Twee. and quick reply :) I'll give them a go tomorrow,
    did you use the coffee or water?
    Thank you

• Advertisement

I used water. Will definitely try the coffee next time though. I made this batch for my OH and he doesn't like coffee!

Thanks Twee. will try it today with kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Keep making this cake because it's fairly easy, nothing like the other cakes on here I can't decorate to save my life that's why I like this one, just throw on the icing and throw on the wee flowers and you're done. I was going to use red and yellow pansies but I think the purple flowers are really the only ones that look nice on it. I don't have the exact ones Nigells used (from Nigellas old fashioned chocolate cake recipe) but this is as near as I can get.
    Made using sour cream (which I think stinks to high heaven) but it's amazing how something as gross as sour cream ends up tasting so good when you throw some chocolate at it. Used Lindt choc 70% for this one, because it's that kind of cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Keep making this cake because it's fairly easy, nothing like the other cakes on here I can't decorate to save my life that's why I like this one, just throw on the icing and throw on the wee flowers and you're done. I was going to use red and yellow pansies but I think the purple flowers are really the only ones that look nice on it. I don't have the exact ones Nigells used (from Nigellas old fashioned chocolate cake recipe) but this is as near as I can get.
    Made using sour cream (which I think stinks to high heaven) but it's amazing how something as gross as sour cream ends up tasting so good when you throw some chocolate at it. Used Lindt choc 70% for this one, because it's that kind of cake.

Have to make this soon!!! Looks amaaaazing:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

fairy cakes with pink or blue icing is my favourite at the moment,would upload pics but not really good at anything too techy so will leave it for another day,but did take pictures with the intention of uploading them..

376523_286756921428935_1417722841_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

Plain sponge with strawberry jam and buttercream with piped buttercream roses I made this for a birthday.It didn't look to bad for a first attempt.
    7725900792_e2e8950f63_n.jpg

Hi straycat, a wonderful piece of work, fair play to u :) what nozzle did you use? and where did you get it,
    many thanks

I used a large open star tip(like a wilton 1m but 3 times bigger) I picked it up in a shop called Decobake in Dublin city center,hope this helps:)

great, thanks a mill, i'll try them on line, :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Chocolate fudge cake with homemade truffles
    c640d1de.jpg

108246f6.jpg

?action=view&current=38c119e3.jpg

c4ac5cdc.jpg

d84e5ec5.jpg

Medovnik (recipe from the cooking club 2010)
    8befd136.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

52dc2569.jpg

078a501a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

Rocky road cupcakes from Joe Wheatleys cookbook winner of The Great British Bake Off 2011

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6071/rockyroad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Must keep an eye out for his book (or is the recipe available online?) those rocky road cupcakes look yum! All the cakes on here look great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Must keep an eye out for his book (or is the recipe available online?) those rocky road cupcakes look yum! All the cakes on here look great!

It's Jo Wheatley, a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Think this might be the right recipe

Some rainbow cupcakes I made recently.
    7931531146_e00a5bf868.jpg

303111_301691476602146_1475146976_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jeanadamz

Really got hungry guys! I too honestly love to eat sweets most especially cakes. I eat any flavored cake except for fruit cake. My taste buds don't like it (no offense to those who love it). I most like chocolate cake and black forest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

two cakes i made recently

lol, 5 years later, and I still don't know how to embed... :s

Advertisement