Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Pistol Postal recommendations

Options
  • 22-09-2007 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Would anyone have knowledge of a good Air Pistol postal competition which would be suitable for beginner?
    I need something to make me concentrate & spend more time training on a regular basis, so monthly would be OK but weekly would be better.
    Thanks, Joe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not in Ireland Joe, but there's a fair few in the UK through the NSRA. How many down around your area are interested? I mean, if there's demand, there'd be yourselves, the lads in Castlemaine in Kerry, WTSC, UCDRC, maybe one or two from DURC - we could start a postal competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 joecoie

Had a look at NSRA website, looks like current postals are closed (Aug 07), not sure when next will start.
    At moment just myself doing AP in Fermoy, may get some more interested when we have the dedicated Airgun range setup.
    A local league would be great, even just somewhere to post a weekly/monthly score against others, would give that bit of extra incentive to improve.

To the end of starting an AP local league or scoring board, I would be willing to assist in/ do the compiling & posting of results for one, if someone knows best way to do it & if this would no bar me from entering my own scores.
    Anyone else interested taking part or have ideas on format & implementation.
    Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

This might tide you over Joe...
    Entry forms for the SSRA individual membership, club affiliation, short range prone team league, individual winter postal competitions, 10m Air Rifle and Pistol Grand Prix, 10m Air Rifle Championships and the All Ranges/Inter-Region matches are now available - please contact competitions@ssra.co.uk if you have wish to receive a copy and have not already done so.

The SSRA Calendar has been updated to show the dates of all the SSRA Grand Prix, Championship and other matches to be held in 2007/8, although a few are yet to be confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PardiniGSP

Have a look at http://www.airguninfo.com/matchinfo.htm. The site has biweekly (20 shot) and monthly (60 shot) AP matches, and participants from Oz, NZ, UK, US, etc.

Paul, Boston

• Advertisement

Thanks, for the links Guys.

Advertisement