Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bose Sounddock

• 22-09-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This item has probably been covered on here at some stage but I thought I would share my views......

Just back from the US and I bought a Bose Sounddock over there, if anyone on here is contemplating buying an Ipod docking station, I can confirm that the sound out of this thing is fantastic.

My only gripe is that even with the adaptors supplied, my Ipod (mini) isn't exactly a snug fit so you need to take care when looking through your music.

The Sounddock isn't the cheapest speaker system on the market by far but..........WOW! There is no sound distortion even at full volume and this thing is very loud, my neighbour can feel the base through the walls :D:D:D .

It cost me 230 euro and for that I got the Sounddock plus a set of Bose earphones thrown in which I used on the plane home and they also produce amazing sound quality. Earphones were 100 dollars to buy seperate.

If you are going to the States and are thinking of getting one all you need is a US/UK adaptor plug (I got one at the airport for about 15 dollars) and it will work here no probs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

What is the model name/number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

These were £200 in House of Fraser in Belfast today so about €250. There is customer day next Thursday and Friday so may be less. I have never heard sound like this before - phenomenonal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

After reading a few reviews, I bought a sounddock yesterday - they are €199 (I think the series II is €399) VERY impressed with the sound. What I didn't realise, and I'm really happy with - is the battery included is rechargeable. I didn't really buy it for this (more for size and quality) but it's a great added bonus.

Just to note! I've been told by a few people that using your iPhone with this unit will diminish its battery life. (the phone, not the dock) A popup saying something to the words of 'This device is not compatible with your iPhone'. Something to do with reverse polarity of the charger in the dock? Has anyone heard similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Architect 25ml

olaola wrote: »
    After reading a few reviews, I bought a sounddock yesterday - they are €199 (I think the series II is €399) VERY impressed with the sound. What I didn't realise, and I'm really happy with - is the battery included is rechargeable. I didn't really buy it for this (more for size and quality) but it's a great added bonus.

Just to note! I've been told by a few people that using your iPhone with this unit will diminish its battery life. (the phone, not the dock) A popup saying something to the words of 'This device is not compatible with your iPhone'. Something to do with reverse polarity of the charger in the dock? Has anyone heard similar?

Really want to get one of these docks the sound is absolutly brilliant of them but everywhere i go they priced at €299 which is way too muchWhere are they available for €199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Really want to get one of these docks the sound is absolutly brilliant of them but everywhere i go they priced at €299 which is way too muchWhere are they available for €199

www.letmegooglethatforyou.com

http://www.bose.ie

199e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

"the battery included is rechargeable"

Are they operated by battery or mains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

yhwh wrote: »
    "the battery included is rechargeable"

Are they operated by battery or mains?

there's a portable designed to work mostly of battery hence the portable bit

again if you read www.bose.ie it explains everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

i got the logitech pure-fi elite for my nano today as a cheaper alternative and i am very impressed with them, i read alot of reviews comparing the bose sounddock and the logitech elite and the difference is supposed to be minimal, i picked mine up from komplett.ie in blanch for €170

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

anyone know where i can get the Bose soundDock Portable for a reasonable price, E399 in o2 grafton street store is very steep... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭johnson1

o2 on grafton st (beside brown thomas) are offering 20% off bose speakers so the portable would be €319 ?

• Advertisement

Nice one man.. will check it out.. bought some logitech pure fi anywhere 2 speakers in peats there last week and wanna exchange them as im not happy..
    wanna get the bose portable but there 350 in peats.. kinda steep!
    Thanx for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

SoulRock wrote: »
    Nice one man.. will check it out.. bought some logitech pure fi anywhere 2 speakers in peats there last week and wanna exchange them as im not happy..
    wanna get the bose portable but there 350 in peats.. kinda steep!
    Thanx for the reply

Pricing is pretty much set by Bose so it'll be hard to find them cheaper.

Got em today for 319 in peats after a bit of a haggle.. was exchanging some Logitech crap :)
    The bose portable are fecking great.. you defo get what you pay for.. :D
    although still a bit overpriced..
    Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭jinghong

**** yez
    I just bought one after reading the comments here. what a piece of ****

I gave my bro my zepplin mini and needed a replacement
    Iooks like I'm back in the market again

can't even listen to it its that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I suggest you try some real speakers. "docks" are generally rubbish.

you think the Bose is crap??

still have my Sound dock portable and its feckin brilliant..

whats your problem with it?

Advertisement