Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 most likely to get iphone

• 22-09-2007 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

i contacted o2 yesterday about EDGE signal for my iphone, here is the reply
    O2 is currently (October 2006) in the process of redeveloping its nationwide network over the next 6 months, beginning with the Republic's main urban centres and then extending the work into rural areas.

This redevelopment will pave the way for the introduction of Edge throughout the country.

We Currently are at 67% capacity in this upgrade to Edge and this includes the west of Ireland

By December 2007 we will be at 85% and 99.6% by April 2008

EDGE will be a unique feature to O2.

Since they are the only company to have edge it is most likely that they will get the edge iphone, that is if apple waits to put the 3g iphone in ireland and not the edge one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

I emailed meteor and they said they dont have edge.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

2Shae wrote:
    I emailed meteor and they said they dont have edge.....

Just shows how incompetent their customer support is.

I have used EDGE on Meteor, so I can confirm they do in fact have that technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Meteor only have EDGE for business customers.... the gprs standard wap on the iphone will have the E anyway.....But Meteor do have EDGE.. As regards the iphone release just cos o2 uk have the iphone i would def not assume o2 Ireland will get it as if we were going to get it from them we would be getting it in nov with them! So let the battle begin again. I figure vodafone, as they wanted a 3g version....Which will comes next year with the rest of europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

O2 have HSDPA which is quicker than EDGE - which is like 2.5G; Meteor dont have that. OP are you sure the reply was nt talking about HSDPA which is what mobile broadband runs off?

I'm on prepay Meteor and get EDGE. Not on all cells though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I was told by them that i couldnt get edge it wasnt available to pre pay only business.

I was told by them that i couldnt get edge it wasnt available to pre pay only business.
    Someone told you porkies ;)

Here's a previous thread I made on the subject:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055061213

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I have both bill-pay and pre-pay phones with meteor. Both use EDGE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I use to get edge on meteor all over the country even in the middle of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I use to get edge on meteor all over the country even in the middle of nowhere.

What speeds do you get?

• Advertisement

O2 have HSDPA which is quicker than EDGE - which is like 2.5G; Meteor dont have that. OP are you sure the reply was nt talking about HSDPA which is what mobile broadband runs off?

O2 Have both HSDPA (3.5G) and EDGE (2.75G):)

Only this morning I used O2 Edge to see if I could figure out why my train didn't turn up.

I used Meteor EDGE on a pre-pay SIM also, just trying it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

tom dunne wrote:
    O2 Have both HSDPA (3.5G) and EDGE (2.75G):)

Only this morning I used O2 Edge to see if I could figure out why my train didn't turn up.

I used Meteor EDGE on a pre-pay SIM also, just trying it out.

I did nt meant to imply O2 dont have Edge i was pointing out they have the quicker HSDPA too........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

is the iPhone worth it? does it offer anthing that you cannot already get on a phone, other than a huge memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

the i-phone does not have hsdpa am i right?

still so so so happy with my Nokia N95 - internet experience (via 3) is amazing on it- when 3 allow it to work. camera is fantastic (5 megapixel) and camcorder quality is also excellent.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

im using o2 with my iphone on edge works - slow - thank gawd for wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

Does anyone know what to type into an iphone to get edge working with meteor? The three boxes to be filled in are,
    1) APN
    2) Username
    3) Password

i think the apn is wap.mymeteor.ie as the phone tries to use the network but fails, which is the furthest ive gotten to date.

japasca wrote:
    Does anyone know what to type into an iphone to get edge working with meteor? The three boxes to be filled in are,
    1) APN
    2) Username
    3) Password

i think the apn is wap.mymeteor.ie as the phone tries to use the network but fails, which is the furthest ive gotten to date.

Full details are in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Advertisement