Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave and Time Machine forum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Hermy wrote: »
    Anyone got a fix yet on where it went?

I saw it tomorrow zipping around yesterday. Where is it now I didn't have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

yeah that's the other approach, of course it's very difficult to go faster than the speed of light.

LOL, that's a bit of an understatement.

Anyway hopefully this forum will be created sometime before World War I finishes. The troops need something to boost their morale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I thought Peggy from Eastenders is heading over?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

LOL, that's a bit of an understatement.

Anyway hopefully this forum will be created sometime before World War I finishes. The troops need something to boost their morale.
    Won't happen as that would violate the timeline even further

We weren't supposed to have had airships, radios, tanks, aeroplanes, submarines, steam turbines, chemical warfare, flamethrowers, sonar, the Haber process, blood transfusion and tractors all suddenly arrive around the same time. There was so much new stuff they couldn't use it all and half it stayed hidden for years.

They tried to pass it off as Alien technology from crashes in the 1890's but we know it was people on entertainment trips taking souvenirs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_airship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

a lot has changed since i left, do penguins still drive massie fergusons

• Advertisement

No, they're on strike because of the pension levy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This has been fun.

TCN is --> that way. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

You have arrived at the nest, have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

speaker-cuckoo-clock-450x383.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jesus, getting the scrapings of the AH barrel was one thing, but we have FORUMS dumping upon TCN as well?!

• Advertisement

Just a temporary thing Sarky until the forum is approved.
    Perhaps it should be moved to Tech.

I can't believe a mod would have moved a forum request outside a forum for forum requests. THEY ARE OPPRESSING OUR FREEDOME OF SPEACH

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sarky wrote: »
    I can't believe a mod would have moved a forum request outside a forum for forum requests. THEY ARE OPPRESSING OUR FREEDOME OF SPEACH
    Nothing surprises me anymore really.

Sarky wrote: »

They moved it to forum requests rejected and closed it too.
    Just a blip.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The thread is doing a promotional tour of Boards to promote itself.

Well I do like microwaves AND time travel.

Moving to After Hours. Because it will get more responses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I approve...

Well atleast my microwave does, its the boss around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Closing the poll at 666 was a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yay! I missed this thread.

This was the single greatest forum idea ever, I can't believe we still have nowhere to post our microwave and time machine related issues. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I thought I was hallucinating for a minute although I approve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Seriously, with the amount of ****e forums that get approved due to favouritism and golden handjobs you'd think this one would get through a little faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I like playing games :)

Thanks Rabies. :P
    That move is an improvement, we could be quite happy here while are await being moved to somewhere more appropriate, possibly Tech or Soc.

Now we just need to change the sign on the door that says Wanderly Wagon. :D

If we had time machines we could go back and prevent RTE from taping over Wanderly Wagon, and we'd have the show in its entirety today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

This could always be a subforum of watches and timepieces....

Possibly, but then what of the microwave aspect? You can't cook a kebab from frozen on a watch.

Well, maybe those atomic clocks, but then the kebab would kill you with radiation sickness, as opposed to the regular kind.

Point of Information
    Wanderly Wagon can travel in space and time.

Not too sure if they had a microwave in the kitchen, but quite possible.

I really doubt RTE studios would have coughed up for a microwave oven in the 70's.

You are forgetting that back in the 1970's you they had RTE Relays. Would have been a simple enough matter to suggest to Kenwood that they were thinking of branching out from TV rentals to Microwave rentals, TV diners and all that. Get one on approval, and tell them that they'll drop it back Thursday week.

Of course by then it will have a few hundred years on the clock ...

• Advertisement

LadyJ wrote: »
    This could always be a subforum of watches and timepieces....

Don't you mean watches and timepieces could be a sub of Microwaves and Time Machines?

:)

Advertisement