Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's talk about scumbags

Options
  • 22-09-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭petrochemical

The other day, my phone was grabbed out of my hand by a bunch of scum who then passed it between eachother behind their backs, denying having it. What could I do? If I hit them, their extended scumbag family is after me, or the cops would be after me and charge me with assault. The cops said there is nothing they can do. This basically means that the scum are above the law.

I've had enough of scum. Their subhuman criminal "lifestyle" is revered. They do whatever they like, with no consequences. The cops just don't want the hassle, so they leave them alone, and hassle drivers instead, for easy money.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They are the real victims here.

Society needs to take a look at itself, especially our 'Celtic Tiger' and new found wealth here in Ireland.

These middle class people who call others 'scumbags' need to take a close look at themselves, and their hedonistic, greed fueled lifestyles. It's all about the latest 'iMode, three G,' mobile, the latest '80gb video playing MP3 player', the latest '48inch HD Skysports TV'.

They need to forget these things and offer a branch to the disadvantaged people of this society.

They find themselves marginalised, on the periphery of this society, with no chance to rise above their station in life. Employers see the D24/17/15 etc etc addresses, and won't give them even an interview. Instead these downtrodden victims rebel against the society that attempts to brush them under the carpet, and pretend they don't exist.

It's a vicious circle for many of these people. The gateway drugs, such as cannabis, lead to stronger drugs like XTC, Cocaine and eventually Heroin. They then become dependant on the drugs, and turn to crime to feed their habits. many of them end up in jails sucj as mountjoy, where they are in constant contact with other victims, learning about a life of crime, and getting deeper into drugs.

It's a cry for help, a plea to the 'nuveaux riche' of this island to accept them.

You too can help a scumbag. Send me one hundred euros, and you can adopt Deco, the loveable rogue with twelve brothers, and six sisters, all with different fathers. I will send you weekly updates on his progress, but for now, just look at this picture of a forgotten scobe, and some of his brothers. I know it may bring a tear to your eye.

http://www.yusef.co.uk/chav.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'm still in favour of shipping them off to Knacker Island and forgetting about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Binomate wrote:
    I'm still in favour of shipping them off to Knacker Island and forgetting about them.

If there were no scumbags id have nothing to laugh at in town in Limerick.

I overheard a scumbag the other day saying ' I'm sick of being shot at, i wouldnt mind if it was with a Glock 9mm but it's not'

Priceless

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

DesF wrote:

Good to see Christy Browne's mates bringing him for a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Chav forum ftw

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The-Rigger wrote:
    Chav forum ftw

*Checks forums forum*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I hate scumbags, really these are not the words of a crazed lunatic, but really they should be put out of reach of society. Why should I have a housing estate 5 minutes away from, but here is the thing, my whole area is virtually surrounded by social housing, and we all know, that social housing +people=SCUM.

I have had enough of scum in my life, they really do take down our society. I cannot comprehend how much better Ireland would be if it did not consist of MINDLESS scumbags...note the word mindless, we do need poor people to have a well balanced society and culture.

Now remember I'm in the 'burbs, imagine if I lived near somewhere like Fatama mansions, or those third world housing near Croke Park,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I have had enough of scum in my life, they really do take down our society. I cannot comprehend how much better Ireland would be if it did not consist of MINDLESS scumbags...note the word mindless, we do need poor people to have a well balanced society and culture.

Ah, so if they weren't MINDLESS, these poor people would only be regular type scumbags?

At least they'll feel needed though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

They do whatever they like, with no consequences. The cops just don't want the hassle, so they leave them alone, and hassle drivers instead, for easy money.

You should try hassling the gards, take their badge numbers, complain to a TD etc. Unlikely anything will happen, but it'll give you a good chance to air your views.
    I hate scumbags, really these are not the words of a crazed lunatic, but really they should be put out of reach of society. Why should I have a housing estate 5 minutes away from, but here is the thing, my whole area is virtually surrounded by social housing, and we all know, that social housing +people=SCUM.

Now remember I'm in the 'burbs, imagine if I lived near somewhere like Fatama mansions, or those third world housing near Croke Park,

It's sounds to me like you think being poor is synonymous with being a scumbag. It's not.

• Advertisement

Ah come on Skeleton, let's not kid ourselves here.

Look the word scumbag is and should be associated with living in social housing, or even with past family history, just to avoid the situation, were 'made' poor people live side by side with the middle class.

Being poor does not make you a scumbag. And as for the third world housing near croke park. This house is around 10 minutes walk from croke park and t costs €850,000. For a poor scumbag they sure can afford some expensive houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

It seems you are. By your logic i'm a scumbag despite having never robbed anyone or anything in my life or having never being arrested in my life. I want to much to abuse you right now but i'd get into trouble for that so i can't take comfort in the fact that you will drown in your own ignorance.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Being poor does not make you a scumbag. And as for the third world housing near croke park. This house is around 10 minutes walk from croke park and t costs €850,000. For a poor scumbag they sure can afford some expensive houses.

And if questioned about where they got the money for a house like that, your typical scumbag says "I have done nothing improper. I have done no wrong and wronged no one" or "I had enough to do at the time without keeping personal financial records".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have a housing estate 5 minutes away from, but here is the thing, my whole area is virtually surrounded by social housing, and we all know, that social housing +people=SCUM.
    TBH, you sound like a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I take the odd dublin bus and to be honest I enjoy the odd chat with them. I've worked with a few too. Theyre great craic once you break the ice.

So 'Anto' what is it like not having a backgarden?

No, your confusing the word scumbag. From my understanding your implying I'm from the gutter...which is WRONG.

Anto McC wrote:
    It seems you are. By your logic i'm a scumbag despite having never robbed anyone or anything in my life or having never being arrested in my life. I want to much to abuse you right now but i'd get into trouble for that so i can't take comfort in the fact that you will drown in your own ignorance.

:)

• Advertisement

Na, I'm not ignorant, it seems you are deeply hurt by my comment. Why would you want to abuse me, other than when people are exposed they resort to insults.

Na, I'm not ignorant, it seems you are deeply hurt by my comment. Why would you want to abuse me, other than when people are exposed they resort to insults.

Do I mind if I ask you what your definition of a scumbag is?

The word is very abstract, but in general, a scumbag generally is a poor person. Harsh, but sadly true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

I think i actually hate you!

The word is very abstract, but in general, a scumbag generally is a poor person. Harsh, but sadly true.

What makes someone who is poor scum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Is it not a person poor or rich that engages in scummy acts such as stealing phones?

There are plenty of rich scumbags in this country.

I'd list a few names but i dont want another war on AH

How much do you have to have to no longer be classed as poor? I want to abuse you because you called me a scumbag :rolleyes: It's not too hard to figure out really, you might not be poor but you still seem to lack a decent level of intelligence.

Me, i'm poor and happy. You, you're rich and ignorant but remember six feet of earth equals all men.

TheGooner wrote:
    There are plenty of rich scumbags in this country.

Good point, John Gilligan is loaded, he also sells drugs, is he a scumbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Anto McC wrote:
    Good point, John Gilligan is loaded, he also sells drugs, is he a scumbag?

Was thinking more along the lines of the Teflon Don ;)

• Advertisement

TheGooner wrote:
    Was thinking more along the lines of the Teflon Don ;)

How do you know he's loaded? Have you seen what he has in his bank accounts? :D

Advertisement