Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's talk about scumbags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

I think we should use little star shaped badges rather than purple armbands aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Terry wrote:
    Can we tattoo numbers on them?

yes. somewhere on the face i'm thinking, can't decide between the forehead or the left cheek. the armbands thing wont work though. no real need for it anyway, they do tend to be the ugliest breed on the planet. you can spot 'em a mile off regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

indough wrote:
    I think we should use little star shaped badges rather than purple armbands aswell
    I agree.
    Easier to identify.

Do we have a final solution worked out yet?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Terry wrote:
    Do we have a final solution worked out yet?

To help them concentrate more in schools we should send them to special camps. I'm sure someone can think of an appropriate name for these camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

To help them concentrate more in schools we should send them to special camps. I'm sure someone can think of an appropriate name for these camps.

study camp? bully school? concentration assistance centres?

we'd also have to figure out what to do with those who fail these instutions.... perhaps we could export them to the chinese along with the rest of our rubbish?

• Advertisement

Good plan.

Now do you think we can fit a few more minorities in there too?

Maybe some illegal immigrants (preferably African and Roma). A few gays. Umm...people with birth defects. They can screw up the gene pool too (I'll bring my ginger ass along. Don't worry about that). Some religious minorities too maybe?

Perhaps we could ship them off to Poland?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Terry wrote:
    Now do you think we can fit a few more minorities in there too?

Maybe some illegal immigrants (preferably African and Roma). A few gays. Umm...people with birth defects. They can screw up the gene pool too (I'll bring my ginger ass along. Don't worry about that). Some religious minorities too maybe?

Of course we can stick some minorities in there and you do make some perfectly good examples. I've got a friend who occasionally gets dry skin maybe he should be sent here to be 'dealt with'.

indough wrote:
    Perhaps we could ship them off to Poland?
    Careful now.
    We don't want to be directly associated with that.

We're trying to keep this quiet.

Only the illegal immigrants, what about the rest? Thats pure discrimination. I'd also like to nominate anyone who receives any state assistance, such as the unemployed, students, etc

• Advertisement

Terry wrote:
    Careful now.
    We don't want to be directly associated with that.

We're trying to keep this quiet.

Sorry about that, I was just looking for a vacant lot and thats the first thing I thought of for some reason. Don't ask me why

indough wrote:
    Only the illegal immigrants, what about the rest? Thats pure discrimination. I'd also like to nominate anyone who receives any state assistance, such as the unemployed, students, etc
    Dude, read the whole thread.
    The poor are the real scumbags. All of them.
    They're first in line.

AC, you're buddy is on the list too.

Once everyone else has been dealt with, I'll deal with myself because I fall into several of the aforementioned catergories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭GaryL

0ubliette wrote:
    No offence, but thats bollocks.
    At 15 you didnt know right from wrong? You thought it was cool to steal someones phone, that they wouldnt mind? Give us a break. By age 5 i know stealing was wrong after i tried to walk out of a supermarket with a bunch of star wars toys cause i thought you could just take them. THAT was not knowing right from wrong. At 15 if you think stealing isnt wrong, then youre either lying to yourself so you can justify it, or just ****ing stupid.
    ok, I'm sorry, I was easily lead. Is that a good enough excuse? I was guessing as to why I did what I did. I'm not lying, i'm guessing, so don't be so aggressive. If I actually knew the reason I was such a thug at an early age I'd tell you.

Anyway, why is it that the vast majority of my old 'gang' are now ok? Why did it take until the age of 18/19/20 until they copped on? Why in the name of God does it matter to you? If it takes us until the age of 17/18/19 to cop on, what's a man to do? Do I have to look back now and kick myself for not taking a grip of my life earlier? Don't be so bloody ridiculous. That post has really angered me. All it does is show your ignorance.

If you're a thug at 12, you'll most likely be a thug at 16. If you're a thug at 16, there's a very good chance you'll have grown and matured by 20/21. Why don't people mature fully at 15? Ask God, you fool.

I'm on that list too. But I claim immunity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The BoB

Poor dosent neciarlly equal Scumbag i went to a private boarding school (6k a year) and there where plenty of scumbags whod go down town and steal from shops,intimidate people,set fire to stuff,rob hubcaps etc just for kicks we used call them pro knakers(no offense to teavellers)!

indough wrote:

Only students who recieve the grant. Students that pay their own way (myself included :)) should be left well alone. If not I'll get in the line.

@Terry - You could be the blade of the gingers. The one who kills all the other gingers. You get cool sunglasses and a long black coat (to protect you from the sun). What do you say?

Does the government pay towards your tuition? I thought so...get in line like the rest of us

indough wrote:
    Does the government pay towards your tuition? I thought so...get in line like the rest of us

But but but I pay my own registration fees........Ah fine. I'm in the line.

GaryL wrote:
    ok, I'm sorry, I was easily lead. Is that a good enough excuse? I was guessing as to why I did what I did. I'm not lying, i'm guessing, so don't be so aggressive. If I actually knew the reason I was such a thug at an early age I'd tell you.

Anyway, why is it that the vast majority of my old 'gang' are now ok? Why did it take until the age of 18/19/20 until they copped on? Why in the name of God does it matter to you? If it takes us until the age of 17/18/19 to cop on, what's a man to do? Do I have to look back now and kick myself for not taking a grip of my life earlier? Don't be so bloody ridiculous. That post has really angered me. All it does is show your ignorance.

If you're a thug at 12, you'll most likely be a thug at 16. If you're a thug at 16, there's a very good chance you'll have grown and matured by 20/21. Why don't people mature fully at 15? Ask God, you fool.
    Easy on the personal abuse there, buddy.

I'll let it slip because you're new.

Don't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Dudess wrote:
    Actually Anto, I've changed my mind about you - stuff like "up the Dubs" and "Dublin, my Dublin" in your signature. Bloody jackeen skanger... ;)

Ha, i think you'll find it's called jealousy. That feeling of inferiority can be hard to shake i hear :D

As i said i'm from the same area as GaryL and i can testify that it's incredibly easy to be led astray, before you know it you're in over your head. Very few manage to pull themselves out of it though but fair play to GaryL he did. Now if i could only just figure out who he is.....

• Advertisement

Anto McC wrote:
    Ha, i think you'll find it's called jealousy. That feeling of inferiority can be hard to shake i hear :D

As i said i'm from the same area as GaryL and i can testify that it's incredibly easy to be led astray, before you know it you're in over your head. Very few manage to pull themselves out of it though but fair play to GaryL he did. Now if i could only just figure out who he is.....

I'm going to go out on a limb here but I'd say his first name is Gary and his surname begins with L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

scumbags all listen to sh1tty dance music, maybe this information could be put to some use, hmm maybe lure all the scumbags together by playing some tunes on loadspeaker, once you have them all together you can implement your final solution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I'm going to go out on a limb here but I'd say his first name is Gary and his surname begins with L.

Figured that much out but still can't place him. He's roughly the same age as myself and i genuinely believed i knew everyone my age, from the Pearse St area.

MooseJam wrote:
    scumbags all listen to sh1tty dance music, maybe this information could be put to some use, hmm maybe lure all the scumbags together by playing some tunes on loadspeaker, once you have them all together you can implement your final solution

I saw this theory in action today outside HMV in Cork. They had a big speaker at the door blaring out dance tunes. The tracksuit wearing scumbags were drawn to it like moths to a flame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭petrochemical

An Citeog wrote:

Is that a slur on the Garda Síochána, the Australian Police Force, or both? I don't see your point here. How many dealings have you actually had with the guards to make such a sweeping statement? You're talking about a small core of old-school cops who may bend the rules a bit, yeah? Some might say that they're the corrupt ones. Another thing, it's actually the traffic core, an independent unit, that hassle cyclists and motorists. They mainly deal with traffic offences and not your run of the mill scumbaggery, but don't let that get in the way of a good rant! :rolleyes:

They actually do have an independent overseer (http://www.gardaombudsman.ie/). If you've got a complaint, that's where to go!

Have you got anything to back up this statement? The guards will do what they can to protect you but don't expect them to prioritise someone getting pick-pocketed over a stabbing or a violent assault.

Care to enlighten us any further with your magnificent insight?!

The Gardai are unprofessional compared to other developed countries.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=db2mgzC8f44
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=z8wHsoGeuH8&mode=related&search=
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tSMF4GgnC_I&mode=related&search=

The Garda Complaints Board was notorious for dismissing complaints against Gardai. Is the Ombudsman any better? He's supposedly "independent". Do you think any of the complaints made in the recent Shell protests will be upheld? Come on, seriously, who are you trying to kid?

So you admit that the Traffic Core "hassle" cyclists? It's not their job to "hassle" anyone.

The Guards will do "what they can" you say? i.e. nothing. They can do nothing to protect anyone against scum. The scum aren't afraid of cops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Petro, maybe if you grw a pair of balls and didnt let them walk all over you then they might leave you alone?

If your keep bottling it and crying like a girl everytime they come near you they i doubt they will stop any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Anto McC wrote:
    Ha, i think you'll find it's called jealousy. That feeling of inferiority can be hard to shake i hear
    Buddy, you're the one who's jealous. There, I said it!
    I saw this theory in action today outside HMV in Cork. They had a big speaker at the door blaring out dance tunes. The tracksuit wearing scumbags were drawn to it like moths to a flame.
    Yep, I used to work there. Sundays tended to be a free-for-all for the scumbags because the security guards were usually off. Sections that would be cleaned out: dance, R&B, reggae.
    I wish they'd at least be a bit unpredictable.

• It's not THAT hard not to be dragged down by other people on the estates, tbh. Loads of people living on council estates are perfectly nice, normal people. I lived on one for a while when I was younger and all the girls there tried to get me to go out with them, smoke with them, write graffiti etc..... yeah of course it was tempting to be 'cool' and one of the gang but I knew it was wrong and I was uncomfortable being dragged into that kind of life. I decided to just stay in, help my granny with the cooking etc. Yes there was peer pressure, yeah the lads on the estate used to come and bang on the windows, write stuff on our gate and shout obscenities at me for not joining it, but at the end of the day I knew they were wrong and full of sh1te. And I was an 11 year old girl, ffs.
    That's why I hate when people blame the area they live in for being a total scumbag. Yes it's easy to get into that stuff but plenty of people don't. It's down to the individual at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

The Garda Complaints Board was notorious for dismissing complaints against Gardai. Is the Ombudsman any better? He's supposedly "independent". Do you think any of the complaints made in the recent Shell protests will be upheld? Come on, seriously, who are you trying to kid?

So you admit that the Traffic Core "hassle" cyclists? It's not their job to "hassle" anyone.

The Guards will do "what they can" you say? i.e. nothing. They can do nothing to protect anyone against scum. The scum aren't afraid of cops.

those shell to sea crusties are just there to cause trouble-peaceful protest??then why jump the gate?i loved when a protester was asked why they were doing it and just shyed away from the question.
    unprofessional????how many people are killed by the Gardai each year compared to US/international forces?your not a garda(neither am i)so you dont know what its like to deal with a load of **** every shift.

btw,if they had gone after the fellas who robbed your phone they'd have been given a ****load of hassle and odds are the fellaas would've sold it/disposed of it before the gardai got to em.its not that they're afraid of them,they certainly arent,its just a thing called evidence.they cant go on accusations alone.hers what happens to gardai everyday,how would you react to this on a daily basis?they do a great job and i hope to be a Garda when i leave school.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQzsAXRdpAQ&mode=related&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KlzR5BN48c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Oh, case closed then! The Guard in the first clip is an idiot, those in the second clip are students and what did you expect them to do in the third?

The Ombudsman is independent, it's all there on the website. Then again, it's probably just a ploy by the satanic guards (all their phone numbers start with 666 aswell :eek: )

What exactly are these complaints you're talking about? Garda heavy-handedness? Is this not exactly what you were commending in your last post, those old-school Gardaí? Or is it only ok if the person on the receiving end fits your definition of a scumbag?

I was just repeating your words. You were complaining about the Gardaí "hassling" cyclists instead of going after scumbags. I merely pointed out that the Traffic Core deals with traffic offences and as such, the rest of the Gardaí don't actually get the chance to go "hassling" cyclists or motorists. For your benefit, hassling in this sense refers to upholding the law.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against the Gardaí. Is it their fault they can't do anything? They're not around to act as your private bodyguard! Is it their fault that the "scum" aren't afraid of them? Maybe they should get a bit tougher and make them afraid...oh wait, that wont work seeing as how the Ombudsman is there to deal with complaints of that matter.

Have you got any solutions to offer instead of pointing out faults? Or would you rather just continue your little tantrum? :rolleyes:

Advertisement