Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's talk about scumbags

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

An Citeog wrote:
    Oh, case closed then! The Guard in the first clip is an idiot, those in the second clip are students and what did you expect them to do in the third?

The Ombudsman is independent, it's all there on the website. Then again, it's probably just a ploy by the satanic guards (all their phone numbers start with 666 aswell :eek: )

What exactly are these complaints you're talking about? Garda heavy-handedness? Is this not exactly what you were commending in your last post, those old-school Gardaí? Or is it only ok if the person on the receiving end fits your definition of a scumbag?

I was just repeating your words. You were complaining about the Gardaí "hassling" cyclists instead of going after scumbags. I merely pointed out that the Traffic Core deals with traffic offences and as such, the rest of the Gardaí don't actually get the chance to go "hassling" cyclists or motorists. For your benefit, hassling in this sense refers to upholding the law.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against the Gardaí. Is it their fault they can't do anything? They're not around to act as your private bodyguard! Is it their fault that the "scum" aren't afraid of them? Maybe they should get a bit tougher and make them afraid...oh wait, that wont work seeing as how the Ombudsman is there to deal with complaints of that matter.

Have you got any solutions to offer instead of pointing out faults? Or would you rather just continue your little tantrum? :rolleyes:

here here!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

People who hate the Gardaí can't be swayed, because they're too caught up in their own little anti-garda moral outrage fits.
    The Guards always lose.People call for them to get out and arrest the scum-they're too heavy handed when they do try this, then when they try and deal with scum in a nice, lollipop land way they equally wrong. People who hate the guards will always hate them no matter what tthey do, even if it means contradicting themselves.

I mean these people are the ones who complain about the fact that the Gardaí now want pepper spray-apparently it's because every guard in the country will absolutely, definitely abuse it and spray innocent people because they can. Now lets imagine a situation where the outcome isn't great, but spray could've improved it.The same people will be up in arms telling us how unprepared the gardaí are.

"Hey those guys over the their are robbing that bank, do something about it Gardaí.Do whatever is necessary to stop them getting away with my money!"
    So some detectives arrive, the raiders point guns at them, the raiders get shot.Now the same person a s before stands up."Ah here lads, this will need an inquiry a few years down the road, I mean you couldn't have been more incorrect there.Shooting them was definitely the wrong thing to do.GARDA BRUTALITY!"

I mean I can see where they're coming from, because every Garda in the country is a scumbag who is out to harass, beat and if they are armed, needlessly kill everybody that they can.Who are we to question that opinion, sure youtube shows us it don't they?I mean those videos are representative of EVERY garda in the country, even the one you went crying to when you got relieved of your wallet by a syringe wielding prick, and who subsequently caught the piece of filth who did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the gardai in the first two clips are having a bit of a laugh, jesus i wouldnt hold that against them, nice to know they're not all miserable sour c**ts like some of the 5-0 up here in dubbalin are.

The gardai have some serious issues and are need of serious reform as the donegal shambles has shown but having a laugh at some crank callers expense or messing around on a back road out in the sticks is hardly a big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The Gardaí can't control these scumbags. I live in the Liberties area of Dublin, literally next door to Teresa's Gardens. This time of year is the worst, around Halloween when the scum leave their flats and come around looking for fights usually end up just throwing bricks and glass bottles at me and my mates (last year my mate ended up in hospital with a damaged tail-bone after a brick hit him). Then sure every other night and day thats it not around Halloween they're all around looking for fights, even if its 2 of them against about a group of 20 of s they'll still look for a fight knowing if we touch them they'll be about 40 of them around in 10 mins. Its a joke.

Sure not to mention two of my mates were walking down Grafton St last weekend in broad day-light and a group of scum surrounded my mates and gave one of them a box in the face, in broad day-light on a Saturday in one of Dublin's busiest places.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

GaryL wrote:
    If there are people doing terrible things at the age of 20 then they're scum. If they're doing it at the age of 15 of 16 then they're doing what 95% of lads do when you're born into this society.

I agree 100%, But depends what you mean by terrible things.. 15/16/17 year olds out tinker drinking and smokin' maybe causing the odd fight with people there own age are not scum. They are teenagers. The same age group who are out robbing people, causing serious criminal damage, group beatings etc etc are scum. I was going to include taking heroin in my last sentence but considering the fact that i am only 17 myself and have had a few problems with drugs (not gear) in the past and to an extent still do i chose not too as i don't want too paint all people who experiment with drugs with the one brush i.e. as scum. Where you grow up and who you grow up with has alot to do with it in my opinion, It only takes one or two scumbags in a group of ten to make them all the same, Trust me i've been there and done that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭petrochemical

An Citeog wrote:
    Oh, case closed then! The Guard in the first clip is an idiot, those in the second clip are students and what did you expect them to do in the third?

An "idiot", your words. Totally unprofessional behaviour and unacceptable from a member of the Police, in clips one and two. In the third clip, I would expect the Guards to not push someone into a ditch for no reason! There was absolutely no need for it. Do you think that's reasonable?
    The Ombudsman is independent, it's all there on the website. Then again, it's probably just a ploy by the satanic guards (all their phone numbers start with 666 aswell :eek: )

Time will tell just how "independent" it is in practice. Sorry, but it's not enough to announce proudly that it's "all there on the website." Or maybe you naively believe that corruption doesn't exist in this country? If it's anything like the Garda Complaints Board...
    What exactly are these complaints you're talking about? Garda heavy-handedness? Is this not exactly what you were commending in your last post, those old-school Gardaí? Or is it only ok if the person on the receiving end fits your definition of a scumbag?

The old-school Garda I mentioned are some of the professional, conscientious detectives, and others with integrity, who actually investigate crime, instead of stopping cyclists for having no lights, or claiming ridiculous overtime. You must have misunderstood my reference to them. I was not referring to heavy handedness.
    I was just repeating your words. You were complaining about the Gardaí "hassling" cyclists instead of going after scumbags. I merely pointed out that the Traffic Core deals with traffic offences and as such, the rest of the Gardaí don't actually get the chance to go "hassling" cyclists or motorists. For your benefit, hassling in this sense refers to upholding the law.

Thank you for telling me that the Traffic Core deals with traffic offenses.

You don't seem to know the meaning of the word "hassle". It does not mean "to uphold the law", in any sense.
    You seem to have a personal vendetta against the Gardaí. Is it their fault they can't do anything? They're not around to act as your private bodyguard! Is it their fault that the "scum" aren't afraid of them? Maybe they should get a bit tougher and make them afraid...oh wait, that wont work seeing as how the Ombudsman is there to deal with complaints of that matter.

I don't have a vendetta against the Garda. Yes it is their fault, to some degree. They don't patrol trouble spots enough. They can act tougher without being abusive. You seem to be implying they should be abusive.
    Have you got any solutions to offer instead of pointing out faults? Or would you rather just continue your little tantrum? :rolleyes:

You seem to be the one just pointing out faults instead of offering solutions. I am not having a "little tantrum", as you say, and by saying so you are insulting me. Insulting people is a bannable offense, I believe. What do you think mods?

An Citeog wrote:

An "idiot", your words. Totally unprofessional behaviour and unacceptable from a member of the Police, in clips one and two. In the third clip, I would expect the Guards to not push someone into a ditch for no reason! There was absolutely no need for it. Do you think that's reasonable?

Time will tell just how "independent" it is in practice. Sorry, but it's not enough to announce proudly that it's "all there on the website." Or maybe you naively believe that corruption doesn't exist in this country? If it's anything like the Garda Complaints Board...

The old-school Garda I mentioned are some of the professional, conscientious detectives, and others with integrity, who actually investigate crime, instead of stopping cyclists for having no lights, or claiming ridiculous overtime. You must have misunderstood my reference to them. I was not referring to heavy handedness.

You don't seem to know the meaning of the word "hassle". It does not mean "to uphold the law", in any sense.

I don't have a vendetta against the Garda. Yes it is their fault, to some degree. They don't patrol trouble spots enough. They can act tougher without being abusive. You seem to be implying they should be abusive.

You seem to be the one just pointing out faults instead of offering solutions. I am not having a "little tantrum", as you say, and by saying so you are insulting me. Insulting people is a bannable offense, I believe. What do you think mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Turn vigilante and go scumbag hunting or hire someone to do a hit on some scumbags

DesF wrote:

Thanks, I was looking for a new cover for my dartboard, this is perfect!

Dudess wrote:
    And for the record, scumbags seem to have plenty of ****ing money.

Courtesy of benefit fraud in a lot of cases

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote:
    I understand what your brother means. When you see someone in a tracksuit, usually pushing a pram, wearing that gross gypsy jewellery you can buy in argos, usually with fag in mouth and yelling in *that* accent "Come here ta me, micko!", you just get a vibe of knacker off them, they don't have to be up to no good.

Yeah, I get the vibe of benefit b*tch (what the yanks called a welfare skank), basically breeds in order to get benefits from the government. I knew a girl who got pregnant purely to get a council house

OctavarIan wrote:
    Yes and they then have to wear a purple armband at all times so everyone knows what they are.

Why would you need to do that, surely everyone can tell they're scumbags anyway by the way they dress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

As we all know, you want to be an American and you want to move there.
    I hope you are successful over there and do not have any monetary difficulties.
    Thinks are not as easy over there as they are here. - (to quote an earlier thread)

I have a house I can sell him. Unfortunately I live in a county with the highest unemployment in the state. Perhaps being around a few American scumbags would be good therapy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Demonique wrote:
    Why would you need to do that, surely everyone can tell they're scumbags anyway by the way they dress
    Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

This is just getting boring now. There are almost 12,000 Guards, a proportion of which are inherently idiots, just like in all walks of life. This 1 guard acted in a very unprofessional manner and IMHO is an idiot for doing so. The second clip is a student guard (I'm just assuming he's a student because it's in Templemore and there's a bunch of young guards together) having a laugh on a country road. You really are making a mountain out of a molehill here.

How is it that you know that the guard in the third clip "pushed" someone into a ditch for no reason. The clip doesn't show the lead up to the incident. Were you there, did you see what actually happened?

It's an independent body. FACT! Of course there's corruption in this country, as the incidents in Donegal show. What exactly do you mean by corruption anyway? Are you talking about taking bribes or hitting a scumbag a few slaps after he spat at you/tried to bite you/threathened to kill you?

Phones getting stolen are ten a penny. Do you want to call Columbo in for all of them? The sad fact is that a guard's time can/needs to be better utilised than stopping any potential scanger on the street and making sure they don't have any excess phones.

What exactly do you mean by "hassle" then? Are you talking about Gardaí stopping people without any just cause or has there been some breach of the law? Is it ok for you to commit what you consider to be minor offences such as having no light on your bike? What about the traffic cop who "hassled" a motorist earlier today and got shot? Did it give you a nice warm feeling inside? :rolleyes:

How exactly do you propose they act tougher? Maybe they could all wear muscle suits?

You want a solution, it's fairly plain to see. The fault lies in the justice system and particularly with the judges. Criminals, particularly young offenders, aren't being punished for the crimes they commit. There aren't enough prison spaces to accomodate everyone, so the "minor" criminals are just thrown back out on the street with a slap on the wrist. These "minor" criminals are the kind who steal phones, joyride and start fights. You try rigorously pursuing people for these offences when the scumbag laughs in your face after being handed a €100 fine by the judge.

P.S. If you're that easily insulted, you should probably stay away from the internet and anything containing explicit lyrics. Are you denying the fact that you're on a little "I hate the guards" crusade?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Dudess wrote:
    The junkies that hang around outside where I work are actually really sound - but genuinely so. I don't think they're malicious. Of course they'd take my wallet given half the chance, but out of desperation.
    Dudess wrote:
    Read the rest of that post by DesF. It's actually a piss-take and very funny too! It epitomises the view of bleeding-heart idiots who live in nice houses in Dun Laoghaire and Sandymount and believe that scumbags should be given a chance, even though they've never had to put up with **** from them.
    The majority of families in Ballymun and Finglas who are decent people trying to get on with their lives, but can't because they're intimidated by a small element, would be the first to disagree with such naive nonsense.
    I used to get the 13A bus. There was a circular from Dublin Bus pinned to every seat one day advising passengers that it had no choice but to discontinue serving certain estates in Ballymun due to fears for the drivers' safety. Disgusting. Thanks to a few thugs, a large number of people can no longer even get their regular bus - and that probably includes elderly people and mums with small kids. I hate scumbags.
    Dudess wrote:
    I think the ones who are nice when you get to talk to them are the ones who initially seem to be scumbags (appearance, the way they talk etc) but actually aren't. Real scumbags tend to be hostile and aggressive.

Bottom line: scumbags are people who assault, rob, violate without a care in the world. Whether they're poor or not does not come into it. Yes, some of them may be this way because of hardship growing up, but that's no excuse. Most people who experience hardship growing up DON'T turn out that way.

So what you’re saying is that the scumbags you know are ok, but the ones you don’t know, but who have impacted your life in some minor way are not (and you hate them). The junkies that you know are not malicious because you know them from talking to them, but not from being at the business end of their needles. Yet, the people who you only know from perhaps a similar brief moment of desperation are disgusting.

Also, robbing a wallet is excusable if it is done out of desperation for drugs, but not if you suffered hardship growing up?

I also think you misinterpreted DesF:
    DesF wrote:
    These middle class people who call others 'scumbags' need to take a close look at themselves, and their hedonistic, greed fueled lifestyles. It's all about the latest 'iMode, three G,' mobile, the latest '80gb video playing MP3 player', the latest '48inch HD Skysports TV'.

It sounds to me like he is saying that scumbags are the only people who are really alive and out there. Everyone else lives in a superficial computer world (no doubt where they take 9 pages discussing the definition of scumbag). “This life so free is the life for me” and all the rest of it.

To round things off, I like the way that people who take a hard line stance against crime try to justify themselves by making it a class issue: “bleeding-heart idiots who live in nice houses … and believe that scumbags should be given a chance, even though they've never had to put up with **** from them… decent people trying to get on with their lives … would be the first to disagree with such naive nonsense.” I think the people who know most about this kind of thing would be the gardai, social workers, judges, etc – people who actually work in the area. With the greatest of respect, I think they would know a good deal more about whether rehabilitation works than people who can’t get the bus "because of scumbags".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Banned.
    Why so? Just curious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Dudess wrote:
    Why so? Just curious...

I was wondering that myself Terry. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Banahan

The other day, my phone was grabbed out of my hand by a bunch of scum who then passed it between eachother behind their backs, denying having it. What could I do? If I hit them, their extended scumbag family is after me, or the cops would be after me and charge me with assault. The cops said there is nothing they can do. This basically means that the scum are above the law.

I've had enough of scum. Their subhuman criminal "lifestyle" is revered. They do whatever they like, with no consequences. The cops just don't want the hassle, so they leave them alone, and hassle drivers instead, for easy money.

There is alot of tracky wearing trailer trash on this island, we seem to copy the English, my area is becoming like a suburb of Essex, they all look and dress the same (the same hair cuts, tracky bottoms, and any top with hoops), there are no slums where I live, and the kids want for nothing, but they act like absolute trash, and animals at times. I have lived in the UK, and only for the Irish accents, I could swear sometimes I am living in Croydon or somewhere similar. They have no respect for anything in our area, and they know that they can get away with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The word is very abstract, but in general, a scumbag generally is a poor person. Harsh, but sadly true.

I come from a poor background, broken home etc., went to a **** school, a lot of my old friends take drugs etc.

I broke me balls getting into college and am in one of the top courses in the top colleges in Ireland, I pay for myself to live in dublin and ask for nothing from anyone, I'm surrounded by spoilt middle class brats that have no concept of society outside their suburban bubble, and its people like that that make it a struggle for a person with a working class background to get on in life, let alone be motivated to.

Saying that I think you are one of the thickest people whose posts I had ever read, you are a moron.

And remember kids, any money in Ireland is new money, you dont have to go back many generations to see someones roots down the country or a rural, humble background.

But this lad is better than that aren't you, achieved anything in your lifetime?
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Mexicola wrote:
    I was wondering that myself Terry. :confused:
    Trolling.

An Citeog wrote:
    This is just getting boring now. There are almost 12,000 Guards, a proportion of which are inherently idiots, just like in all walks of life. This 1 guard acted in a very unprofessional manner and IMHO is an idiot for doing so. The second clip is a student guard (I'm just assuming he's a student because it's in Templemore and there's a bunch of young guards together) having a laugh on a country road. You really are making a mountain out of a molehill here.
    An Citeog wrote:

Oh, you are bored now? Wow, you must be a really exciting person if you bothered taking the time to reply if you were so bored. You sound like a cop, or a wannabe cop, or the relative of a cop.
    How is it that you know that the guard in the third clip "pushed" someone into a ditch for no reason. The clip doesn't show the lead up to the incident. Were you there, did you see what actually happened?

He pushed the guy into a ditch, as anyone can see, for no reason. He was plainly just being a bully.
    It's an independent body. FACT! Of course there's corruption in this country, as the incidents in Donegal show. What exactly do you mean by corruption anyway? Are you talking about taking bribes or hitting a scumbag a few slaps after he spat at you/tried to bite you/threathened to kill you?

Corruption, meaning abuse of power. Yes it's independent, but as I've said, time will tell with regards to the Ombudsman.

Phones getting stolen are ten a penny. Do you want to call Columbo in for all of them? The sad fact is that a guard's time can/needs to be better utilised than stopping any potential scanger on the street and making sure they don't have any excess phones.

Oh, great reference to Columbo there. Wow, your wit is incredible. I presume you are trying to make light of my comments because they are beneath you, because you are so well informed, and such a reasonable person. You really are the perfect Devil's Advocate, rising above the masses, to give a perfectly balanced and mature commentary, while through it all, maintaining a sharp wit.

I never suggested that they should waste their efforts.
    What exactly do you mean by "hassle" then? Are you talking about Gardaí stopping people without any just cause or has there been some breach of the law? Is it ok for you to commit what you consider to be minor offences such as having no light on your bike? What about the traffic cop who "hassled" a motorist earlier today and got shot? Did it give you a nice warm feeling inside? :rolleyes:

Hassle meaning harassing people for trivial offences because they are easy targets, when their time would be better spent elsewhere. Everyone commits minor offences at some time, be it failing to signal in their car, or jaywalking etc. If cops were to enforce every law literally, everyone would be in jail.

I have nothing but sympathy for the cop who was shot. He didn't "hassle" a motorist, the owner of the car reported seeing it, and he came to investigate. To suggest that I enjoyed it is pretty sick.

How exactly do you propose they act tougher? Maybe they could all wear muscle suits?

Hilarious! How long did it take you to come up with that one? You should be a stand-up comic! Tougher, as in assert their authority on the scumbag community, instead of being afraid of them.
    You want a solution, it's fairly plain to see. The fault lies in the justice system and particularly with the judges. Criminals, particularly young offenders, aren't being punished for the crimes they commit. There aren't enough prison spaces to accomodate everyone, so the "minor" criminals are just thrown back out on the street with a slap on the wrist. These "minor" criminals are the kind who steal phones, joyride and start fights. You try rigorously pursuing people for these offences when the scumbag laughs in your face after being handed a €100 fine by the judge.

So after ridiculing my comments earlier, you are now offering an olive branch?
    Are you a cop, in that you are passing on the blame to the justice system?
    P.S. If you're that easily insulted, you should probably stay away from the internet and anything containing explicit lyrics. Are you denying the fact that you're on a little "I hate the guards" crusade?

Yes I'm denying the fact. Good luck with your Garda pension. Remember you can claim "psychological trauma" if anyone pulls a knife on you, and retire early. Failing that, just slide off your cop motorbike and claim thousands in compensation.

I await your hilarious retort.

An Citeog wrote:
    An Citeog wrote:

Oh, you are bored now? Wow, you must be a really exciting person if you bothered taking the time to reply if you were so bored. You sound like a cop, or a wannabe cop, or the relative of a cop.

He pushed the guy into a ditch, as anyone can see, for no reason. He was plainly just being a bully.

Corruption, meaning abuse of power. Yes it's independent, but as I've said, time will tell with regards to the Ombudsman.

Oh, great reference to Columbo there. Wow, your wit is incredible. I presume you are trying to make light of my comments because they are beneath you, because you are so well informed, and such a reasonable person. You really are the perfect Devil's Advocate, rising above the masses, to give a perfectly balanced and mature commentary, while through it all, maintaining a sharp wit.

Hassle meaning harassing people for trivial offences because they are easy targets, when their time would be better spent elsewhere. Everyone commits minor offences at some time, be it failing to signal in their car, or jaywalking etc. If cops were to enforce every law literally, everyone would be in jail.

I have nothing but sympathy for the cop who was shot. He didn't "hassle" a motorist, the owner of the car reported seeing it, and he came to investigate. To suggest that I enjoyed it is pretty sick.

Hilarious! How long did it take you to come up with that one? You should be a stand-up comic! Tougher, as in assert their authority on the scumbag community, instead of being afraid of them.

Yes I'm denying the fact. Good luck with your Garda pension. Remember you can claim "psychological trauma" if anyone pulls a knife on you, and retire early. Failing that, just slide off your cop motorbike and claim thousands in compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

So good you had to post it twice! ;) It just gets boring replying to blissful ignorance. What is it that makes you think that all guards are corrupt, power-mad, incompetent or afraid of scumbags? Your original post was about some scumbags who stole your phone and started passing it behind their backs. How did they even manage to get your phone in the first place? Did they violently assault you or were you pick-pocketed? Pick-pocketing happens all the time and there's next to nothing the guards can do about it. Dublin is incredibly mild in this regard compared with somewhere like Barcelona. The truth is that it's your responsibility to look after your own belongings.

FTR, I'm not a guard, nor do I ever want to be a guard and none of my relations are guards either. I just have the utmost respect for the job they do, particularly in the current climate.

I'll refrain from commenting here as I wasn't there so I don't know what actually happened and I'm not going to base my judgement on a couple of seconds of a youtube clip. The Shell-to-Sea protestors aren't exactly renowned as the most peaceful bunch either. You seem to think that the guards should be robots, incapable of making mistakes or going a bit ott. They're only human and have to deal with a lot more **** every day of the week than the vast majority of people do in their lifetime.

At least my sarcasm detector's working today. I'm not making light of your comments because I believe they're beneath me. I just find your viewpoint stereotypical and misinformed. There are lots of other people who share the same view as you (a lot of which are scumbags who have had their fair share of dealings with the guards) and I say the exact same thing to them too. I don't know you personally so I'm not implying that you're a scumbag.

Then what should they do? Like it or not, your case was a hopeless cause from the start. You have no concrete evidence that they stole your phone, seeing as you didn't even see them with it (again I'm assuming this as you said they were passing it around behind their backs).

How many people do you know who have been pulled over for failing to signal? I don't think jaywalking is an offence in Ireland either but I'm open to correction. Also, if a cop actually sees someone breaking the law, even if it is slightly trivial, do you expect them to abuse their power and not do something about it? Even if it is only a warning.

You keep saying that they should assert their authority more but you fail to mention how. A guard's authority comes from his ability to arrest, detain and prosecute offenders. If these offenders aren't going to be prosecuted, the guard's authority has already been undermined.

For a guard to be able to assert his authority the threat of prosecution must be a real one.

IMHO, the main fault lies in the justice system and there are some major issues here that need to be reviewed. That's just how I see it though. I'm not claiming that the Gardaí are perfect but I do respect the job that they do, even if others don't.

As I said, I'm not a guard but I find your stance here baffling. Guards claiming "psychological trauma" if someone pulls a knife on them?

Please remind me who it was who came on here to piss and moan after the "psychological trauma" of having their phone stolen? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Motosam wrote:
    I come from a poor background, broken home etc., went to a **** school, a lot of my old friends take drugs etc.
    I broke me balls getting into college and am in one of the top courses in the top colleges in Ireland, I pay for myself to live in dublin and ask for nothing from anyone
    Fair play Motosam. Best wishes with it. Although broken homes and drug-taking certainly aren't limited to working class people by any means.
    I'm surrounded by spoilt middle class brats that have no concept of society outside their suburban bubble, and its people like that that make it a struggle for a person with a working class background to get on in life, let alone be motivated to.
    Yeah, but those idiots aren't worth even looking at, let alone paying heed to. I would find it hard to believe that anything more than just a small number of middle-class people would be that stupid.
    What college are you in? I went to UCC and DCU and didn't get that vibe. Any chance you're in UCD?
    And remember kids, any money in Ireland is new money, you dont have to go back many generations to see someones roots down the country or a rural, humble background.
    Good point.
    But this lad is better than that aren't you, achieved anything in your lifetime?
    :)
    He did indeed achieve something recently on the back of the very comments you're referring to: a banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

An Citeog wrote:
    An Citeog wrote:

petro,i would like to see you say something about the gardai to a gardas face.in fact say everything you have just said to Gda.Paul Sherlock.was he 'afraid'?no,he wasnt.he called for back-up,the scum pulled over knowing they were being followed.now the garda could've driven on and attempted to follow them again but instead he pulled in behind them.he was shot doing his job.he was very brave and thanks to him a post office wasnt robbed(after showing there willingness to shoot a garda
    god only knows what they'd have done in post office!)
    also,if you went on duty with the Gardai for a week straight and saw how busy they are and the sh1t they have to deal with,you wouldnt be saying the things you have about them.i have never had a run in with the Gardai and in fact they came to me and my familys rescue a couple of years back.i have nothing but respect for them and hope to join them 2009

eroo

Advertisement