Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership

• 22-09-2007 6:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Watching Liverpool vs Birmingham and a few things spring to mind as i assumed i was in for a day of decent football.

The Premiership is ****.
    Liverpool attack like wombles on smack.
    Steven Gerrard is not really any good.
    Waterford would probably beat both of those teams.

OH DEAR GOD!!!!!

McSheffrey just wasted a great chance when it was harder to miss

:)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

McSheffrey; waste of space. He's done nought for me in FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Watching Liverpool vs Birmingham and a few things spring to mind as i assumed i was in for a day of decent football.

The Premiership is ****.
    Liverpool attack like wombles on smack.
    Steven Gerrard is not really any good.
    Waterford would probably beat both of those teams.

OH DEAR GOD!!!!!

McSheffrey just wasted a great chance when it was harder to miss

:)

Didnt watch Cardiff vs preston did we?

Superb stuff.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Erm we have a Prem thread here

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Nah I was following Southamptons second 3-2 in a row KdjaC, three last minute goals in two games. :D
    mike65 wrote:
    Erm we have a Prem thread here

Mike.

It's not the weekly Prem thread, just a dig at how woeful the league is. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Best League in The World TM

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Nah I was following Southamptons second 3-2 in a row KdjaC, three last minute goals in two games. :D

Shame that if you hadnt of won you be on the way to saying how great league 1 is.

kdjac

We didn't win... we lost. Again.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    We didn't win... we lost. Again.

Thats terrible.

Do you know the way to Leyton Orient? They play like brazil seemingly.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

DesF wrote:
    Best League in The World TM

Not watching the 3-3 thriller at the cottage then? :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the thread were you don't chip in with some moronic slur on how bad the prem is.

Everyone knows Eircom first is where the real talent is :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

League One is the new Championship apparently! (I've a few mates who are Leeds fans)

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote:

Too painful, my Fantasy Football team is taking a battering. Lucky I (like 99% of the world) had Fabregas as captain this week.

ntlbell wrote:

Oh stupid post.....

Which goal is your favourite from the thriller? The free kick that went tru the invisible keeper ? The low shot into the near post? or the little asian winning a header and knocking it down for a simple finish. The weak save that rebounds to a striker?

Some cracking goalies and defenders in that league.

best summed up by BBC lad
    1858: This has been a cracking second-half, real end-to-end stuff with the drama factor aided greatly by some questionable defending.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Oh stupid post.....

Which goal is your favourite from the thriller? The free kick that went tru the invisible keeper ? The low shot into the near post? or the little asian winning a header and knocking it down for a simple finish. The weak save that rebounds to a striker?

Some cracking goalies and defenders in that league.

kdjac

Sorry your right.

there's no talent in the prem, I'll cancel my sky sports/setanta subs.

(I could exchange it for a pats season ticket :o )

Thanks for showing me the light

ntlbell wrote:
    Nope, I don't have a subscription to Sky or Setanta. Funnily enough, not everyone does.
    ntlbell wrote:
    I'm looking forward to the thread were you don't chip in with some moronic slur on how bad the prem is.
    Find the last post I made that was a slur on the PL?

Is the EPL not marketed as the best league in the world, do people not say that the EPL is the best league in the world.
    ntlbell wrote:
    Everyone knows Eircom first is where the real talent is :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    WTF?

I'm not some delusional ranting idiot mate, I know the football played in the eLFirst is shíte, I watch it week-in week-out.

Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the Premiership though, I watch it with my friends from time to time, in the pub of course, or in one of their houses where there is a subscription.

Not every game though.

ntlbell wrote:
    Sorry your right.

there's no talent in the prem, I'll cancel my sky sports/setanta subs.

Thanks for showing me the light

Who said there was no talent? You said that the 3-3 on now was a thriller as if to say it was good football which was a stupid post, its god damn awful football saved only by the fact that any shot may possible go in, all 6 goals were disgraceful defending/goalkeeping and bearing in mind the players are getting roughly 30 grand a week each to play like that makes it far worse.

The free kick being the highlight/lowlight of all them in that the tackle was stupid and the goalie invisble.

Oh Kasper...... how on earth do you get a game .... BBC lad sums it up again.
    1905: Kasper Schmeichel comes for a floated free-kick. He flaps somewhat at the ball, punching it on to the head of a Fulham player. The ball goes out for a goal kick, luckily for Schmeichel.
    1909: Kasper Schmeichel fails to convince coming for another free-kick. He half clears but the ball is fired back in, taking a deflection. Schmeichel eventually collects.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Who said there was no talent? You said that the 3-3 on now was a thriller as if to say it was good football which was a stupid post, its god damn awful football saved only by the fact that any shot may possible go in, all 6 goals were disgraceful defending/goalkeeping and bearing in mind the players are getting roughly 30 grand a week each to play like that makes it far worse.

The free kick being the highlight/lowlight of all them in that the tackle was stupid and the goalie invisble.

kdjac

as if to say? as if to say? if i was to say it was good football i'd say it was good football, i was merley pointing that it was less boring than the 0 - 0 draw the OP was referring to in his OP hence the ":rolleyes:"

I never commented on the standard during that particular match but I don't sit in on a satuday in the hope i can get on here and slaughter every match because it's not ****ing Ericome league.

you and pedro there your at it every week and it's getting really boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

ntlbell wrote:

+1

DesF wrote:
    N

Find the last post I made that was a slur on the PL?

besides the snide remark in this thread?

this is probably your latest but it's hard to know

" Smegball, your name disgusts me.

But, yes, I do think it will be a borefest.

Of course it will.

It's the two best teams in the best league in the world.

What else would you expect? A decent display of footblall? Surely not."

ntlbell wrote:
    as if to say? as if to say? if i was to say it was good football i'd say it was good football, i was merley pointing that it was less boring than the 0 - 0 draw the OP was referring to in his OP hence the ":rolleyes:"

I never commented on the standard during that particular match but I don't sit in on a satuday in the hope i can get on here and slaughter every match because it's not ****ing Ericome league.

Oh please find one post on any saturday where i say the PL is ****.

The OP was copying a post i made about the championship 2 weeks ago, he posted it word for word even the waterford part, guess you never got that little joke.

kdjac

The ironic thing is the idea of this thread was to show that you can't judge a league on one game... Seems to be that its gone way over peoples heads.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The ironic thing is the idea of this thread was to show that you can't judge a league on one game... Seems to be that its gone way over peoples heads.

I got it, but i watched a good few championship games this season, its bleedin terrible tbh :D

kdjac

I knew you'd get it, just didn't realise nobody else would...

KdjaCL wrote:
    Oh please find one post on any saturday where i say the PL is ****.

The OP was copying a post i made about the championship 2 weeks ago, he posted it word for word even the waterford part, guess you never got that little joke.

kdjac

I have to have to be slightly motivated to this, offer me 10e for every negative comment you make on a PL player/Team/Match/etc and you're on ;)

MrJoeSoap wrote:

sorry I obviously missed this compelling thread on the championship:D

ntlbell wrote:
    I have to have to be slightly motivated to this, offer me 10e for every negative comment you make on a PL player/Team/Match/etc and you're on ;)

Fabregas was outstanding today.

Does that mean you owe me a tenner?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

The rules were a bit too complicated for you?

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac
    Easy way to make money! In fairness NTLBell, KdjaC is quite a big fan of the Premiership.

ntlbell wrote:
    besides the snide remark in this thread?

this is probably your latest but it's hard to know

" Smegball, your name disgusts me.

But, yes, I do think it will be a borefest.

Of course it will.

It's the two best teams in the best league in the world.

What else would you expect? A decent display of footblall? Surely not."
    Pedro?

Mate, the games from the previous three seasons involving Chelsea and Manchester United HAVE been boring piles of steaming shíte, which nobody can deny.

I expected a decent display of football the first couple of times I watched them, but after that I stopped expecting it.

And they are the two best teams, in what some people call the best league in the world. They finished first and second last season, a sure sign that they are the two best teams.

I won't be watching them tomorrow however, I've a match to go to in the excellent eL First Division. I'm hoping to see another fifty yard lob against Kildare, like I saw last week.

DesF wrote:
    Pedro?

Mate, the games from the previous three seasons involving Chelsea and Manchester United HAVE been boring piles of steaming shíte, which nobody can deny.

I expected a decent display of football the first couple of times I watched them, but after that I stopped expecting it.

And they are the two best teams, in what some people call the best league in the world. They finished first and second last season, a sure sign that they are the two best teams.

you asked for a post you got one, your reasons why you post it don't intrest me in the slightest

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote:
    you asked for a post you got one, your reasons why you post it don't intrest me in the slightest
    I asked for a post where I made slur on the EPL.

I still haven't seen one, or are all people who say it's the best league in the world making slurs on it?

Or just me and Kdjac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

In all fairness (and this is going to spark an even bigger war), the OP was watching Liverpool. What does he expect but boring football?

The sad thing is that Man United seem to have joined Chelsea and 'Pool in trying to bore us all to death. Arsenal look like the only team out of the top four who offer good value-for-money entertainment this season.

I'd almost guarantee, that bar a miracle, Newcastle vs. West Ham is a far better game than Chelsea United today.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It is simply far, far too subtle for us cretins to comprehend.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055144238

It was meant to be a piss-take of this.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055144238

It was meant to be a piss-take of this.
    Really? No!

That was for the benefit of others as well Pepe, you silly old scamp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

KdjaCL wrote:

Ah now let's not pick on poor Kasper. Conceded two goals in his first 6 Premiership games. And that's apparently the best league in the world!

Advertisement