Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derelict Dublin

Options
  • 22-09-2007 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Not my site, and I don't know who is behind it, but I thought I'd pimp it anyway.

http://derelictdublin.blogspot.com/

I'm interested in old, decaying buildings. Don't know if anyone else is, but if the dude updates his blog consistently, it could be worth following.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If such a site existed 20 years ago, he would have a lot more material. I'm thinking about the huge swathes of wasteland along Gardiner Street in the 1980s. As well as that, nearly every other street had those vacant spots with RSJs propping up the neighbouring buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

interesting that vaste swathes of derelict buildings south of the river are not covered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Good find OP.
    I know this house well. I believe it went on sale for over €2million but I could be thinking of a neighbouring house.
    Fantastic house, the owner could pull in a couple of thousand a month if they split into flats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ooh, I love old, abandoned places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

That site is like an esate agent for squatters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

some real character in those buildings, I remember most of the quays and temple bar being derelict.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

hope he doesnt pass by my place - some days it looks a bit like some of those buildings!
    Must cut the grass soon.
    Must cut the grass soon.
    Must cut the grass soon.
    Must cut the grass soon.
    Must cut the grass soon.
    Must cut the grass soon..........................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Very informative :)

Wonder how he knew some of them were derelict in the first place, some of those gaffs don't look derelict to the passer-by, especially the one on Nephin Rd.
    Blogger must be from Cabra/Phibsboro to have that much local knowledge..duh :D

Advertisement