Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newtownmountkennedy is getting a makeover

Options
  • 22-09-2007 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hurray! At long last. Big plans for Newtownmountmisery. Never thought I'd get so excited about a Dunnes but I'm obviously getting old.

http://tinyurl.com/35c3y6

:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

They've ben building this thing for ages now. I'm happy theres a Dunnes coming near me, would be better if it was Pennys but hey, beggars cant be choosers. now if they just sort out the road through that god-damned place it'd be a half-decent village.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

I know, the roads are brutal.

Dunnes is opening in March 2008, 6 months time. Hopefully it'll shake up the little shops there at present - they could do with a clean up, especially 'Sentra' (- not a typo, really Centra with an 'S'.) :confused: Ignorant w#*kers working in both of them too especially that big ugly blonde one in Eugenes. :eek:

annieee wrote:

Dunnes is opening in March 2008, 6 months time. Hopefully it'll shake up the little shops there at present - they could do with a clean up, especially 'Sentra' (- not a typo, really Centra with an 'S'.) :confused: Ignorant w#*kers working in both of them too especially that big ugly blonde one in Eugenes. :eek:

My friends love that place...mainly for the reason you said...with an S! I'm only in Newtown when I'm going straight out the other side, but its just hell. Narrow, horrible condition roads with cars parked on both sides where the bus can barely fit by. Torture it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Have to agree about the ignorant blonde one in Eugenes she is foreign has been there few years now I dread going in there!!! Sentra is ok its just yourlocal corner shop you dont see many of them anymore!!! Anyone remember pat flynns in greystones??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Have to agree about the ignorant blonde one in Eugenes she is foreign has been there few years now I dread going in there!!! Sentra is ok its just yourlocal corner shop you dont see many of them anymore!!! Anyone remember pat flynns in greystones??

and you use to get everything on the cheap cos it was past it's sell by date!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

All this mention of shops and no mention of Robert in the Post Office. Enjoy shopping there just for the conversations!:)

Ahhh, Robert in the post office is a legend. And the lady that works there that looks really grumpy and terrifying but is in fact rather nice! Whats her name? (I'm a blow in)

I think her name is Betty.

By the way, unless you are Wicklow born and bred you will always be a blow in :D

Oh I am Wickleh born and bred. Just from the other side of the mountain........;)

Newtown Inn pub is getting done up aswell. Looks half decent by now(from the outside). Say that place is looking forward to the increase in customers expected.

Hopwfully they knock those derelict buildings soon, if they're allowed. They look amazingly ****ty with whats going in behinf them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BoB the 7th

annieee wrote: »

Roffles u describe them to a T.:D It's the sleazy bro's in the Sentra that freak me out.:( But at least the butcher's in Eugene's is worth going for.;) But between the 3 shops in the town they all stink in one way or another. I'm a Tesco shopper myself, but Dunne Store's ftw...

On a side note, I tried the butchers over Greystones in the Tesco shopping centre and the meat was massive! And not a bad price to boot!

2 T-Bone steaks, 2 striploin steaks, 2lb Round mince, a joint of Rib Roast and a Chicken for just over €50! :D

Hi All,

More news on Newtown:
    http://www.wicklowpeople.ie/news/newtown-plans-put-on-hold-1205693.html

http://www.braypeople.ie/news/good-news-for-main-street-in-newtown-1205008.html

About time they resurfaced the Main street, talk about roller coaster ride going down that road!

Great! At last Newtown is geting a look in. The roads badly need a revamp!

Glad the development plans have been stalled. 935 new residential units?? Where exactly are all the new families going to send their kids to school? The schools are jam packed as it is. Absolutely no forethought or planning. :mad::mad:

Had to laugh at:
    Plans are also in the pipeline to resurface the Newtown to Kilcoole Road from Main Street to the N11 flyover under the Non National Road Restoration Programme.

This is already completed!

Thank god I wont be woking up on the bus going through there anymore(well, maybe not till summer). It'll actually be turning into a half decent place now, I can go up there without dreading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

annieee wrote: »
    Ahhh, Robert in the post office is a legend. And the lady that works there that looks really grumpy and terrifying but is in fact rather nice! Whats her name? (I'm a blow in)
    I think the woman you are talking about is Kitty she's the post mistress!!!!
    New bookmakers opening next week now should do well!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

used to be great get all the american chocolate and weird foriegn stuff in the mid 90's that nobody heard of!

Advertisement