Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless network query

Options
  • 22-09-2007 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

I currently have a Desktop PC connected to a wireless router, i also have my laptop accessing the internet via the router as well. I was wondering is there any way that i could access the hard drives on my desktop PC through the router, ie wirelessly??? i was messing around with the network wizards on both machines but no joy! i'm running vista on both machines.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I currently have a Desktop PC connected to a wireless router, i also have my laptop accessing the internet via the router as well. I was wondering is there any way that i could access the hard drives on my desktop PC through the router, ie wirelessly??? i was messing around with the network wizards on both machines but no joy! i'm running vista on both machines.:confused:

have a look at the url below and if you still have problems come back with specific questions

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/File-Print-Sharing-Windows-Vista.html

Advertisement