Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please!!!!

Options
  • 22-09-2007 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

I am just starting 6th year and im doing all honors(7 subjects). I am probobly going to go to pass irish as i dont like it at all and its not my stong point.the problem is whether or not to drop to ordinary maths because im spending an hour or more on it about 4 nights a week and sometimes 3 hours on the weekend(just on homework). also im not sure whether i want to do engineering and i feel maths will take away from my other subjects....any advice what should i do?

p.s im nearly 100% sure i can get an A1 in pass with little or no work as i hav looked at the papers and the highest i can see myself getting in honors is B2/B3....and maths is my favourite subject!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

well. whats worth more(points), an a1 in pass maths, or the b2 in honours? I'd say go for higher, try get all the points you can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭cartman444

an A1 in pass is 60 points while a B2 in hons Is 80 points.....but theres soooooooo much work between the A1 in pass and the B2 in hons!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If maths is your favourite subject, it seems to me like you should keep it at higher... it may be more work, but if you enjoy it, that's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

If you are nearly 100% sure you can get an A1 in pass maths then why drop because all you're doing then, is putting a lid on your ability? Your confidence tells me you are capable of getting a C1 in HL which is 70 points and possibly a higher grade as you say it is your favourite subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

I have to agree with all the above, stay at Honours level, especially if you are contemplating Engineering. By dropping down to pass Irish, you may free up some time to continue working at Honours maths.

-Patrick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement