Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox live 12 + 1 halo edition gold membership card

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Just so people know this card can only be used for new accounts. It cannot be used to top up an existing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Just so people know this card can only be used for new accounts. It cannot be used to top up an existing one.
    I am nearly sure it is an European one so I do not think you have to have a new account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Dman001 wrote:
    I am nearly sure it is an European one so I do not think you have to have a new account.
    AFAIK "12 + 1 Month" membership cards only work for new gamer tags. If you already have a gamer tag that you wish to continue using, you should avoid membership cards that mention "+ 1" in the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Fnz wrote:
    AFAIK "12 + 1 Month" membership cards only work for new gamer tags. If you already have a gamer tag that you wish to continue using, you should avoid membership cards that mention "+ 1" in the title.

Yup, what the man says.

I got burned buying a 12+1 card off ebay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I got a 1 year member ship off ebay for €45 euro's. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lenny wrote:
    I got a 1 year member ship off ebay for €45 euro's. :)
    Nice price.. link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

basquille wrote:
    Nice price.. link?

Just put a bid on one myself. Works out about €21 plus postage.

Linky

Even the Buy It Now option is only a few dollars more so still good value.

bucks73 wrote:
    Just put a bid on one myself. Works out about €21 plus postage.

Linky

Even the Buy It Now option is only a few dollars more so still good value.
    Hmmmmm...

.. do these cards located in the US not just work on the US consoles? Cos that's the general idea i've gotten in the past.

Super Sonic said on an Xbox thread that one worked for him last year but he wasnt sure if they still do.

Thought I would buy and check it out. Its a pretty good price so if it doesnt work its not too bad. If it does work then happy days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Here I am!

Yeah, Vegeta and I bought US 12 month subs last year, they worked perfectly.

Some will email the code to you which is very handy.

Think the 12+1 ones will not work, at least with existing gamertags.

• Advertisement

Yeah the link I posted above has auctions/buy it nows for the physical card so postage has to be paid also.

Good price so it would be excellent if they worked.

Cheers Basquille...that was me you outbid. ;)

bucks73 wrote:
    Cheers Basquille...that was me you outbid. ;)
    Sorry mate. :o

Probably will get outbid in the closing minutes anyways.

Hope i am in fact.. bidded too anxiously as i still have 2 - 3 weeks left in my trial and want to make this sure these work before i order one. Bit late on that decision now though.

No probs...I have spotted a few that are definitely UK cards for around €47 and are emailed straight away. Not as good but still better than 60 quid Microsoft charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Here I am!

Yeah, Vegeta and I bought US 12 month subs last year, they worked perfectly.

Some will email the code to you which is very handy.

Think the 12+1 ones will not work, at least with existing gamertags.

Picked it up in Game when getting Halo, guy said it would work with existing gamertag. Just used it there and no probs at all. See ye all in the playground ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Told ya it would work.

Advertisement