Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a pump-action.

Options
  • 22-09-2007 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I'll be in the market for a 2nd hand pump-action in a few weeks.
    Anybody have one for sale or know of any?
    Preferably no Chinese, Turkish, eastern European makes....

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

you can't go wrong with a remington wingmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Remmy 870 or some of the offerings by Mossberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

i have a mossberg 500 if you're interested?

16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

I used a Remington Wingmaster 870 left - handed pump action for 29 years ....fired thousands & thousands of rounds.......never jammed once. They are a brilliant gun (older model) and as fast as any semi or double when you acquire the knack of smooth 'pumping'. I did a lot of fox shooting & wildfowling at the time & it definitely earned its keep.

Only reason I sold it was it was fixed choke (full) with a 30" barrel. I prefer to use the same gun for all my shooting so I change to a Benelli semi with chokes as the chokes make the gun more versatile. ( With the pump I had to let feathered game out to 35 - 40 yards before firing to avoid extensive damage.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

J.R. wrote:
    I used a Remington Wingmaster 870 left - handed pump action for 29 years ....fired thousands & thousands of rounds.......never jammed once. They are a brilliant gun (older model) and as fast as any semi or double when you acquire the knack of smooth 'pumping'. I did a lot of fox shooting & wildfowling at the time & it definitely earned its keep.

Only reason I sold it was it was fixed choke (full) with a 30" barrel. I prefer to use the same gun for all my shooting so I change to a Benelli semi with chokes as the chokes make the gun more versatile. ( With the pump I had to let feathered game out to 35 - 40 yards before firing to avoid extensive damage.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the more recent 870's have screw-in chokes so you have lots of choice on how tight or not you want your pattern.

I have to put in my vote for Winchesters. I've used a 1300 Featherweight in 12 ga for around 15 years now for everything from clays to deer. Nice durable gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

revan23 wrote:

16.jpg

I would be interested in that for the right price.
    ;-)

E.

Well?
    Anybody else with one for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Why a pump instead of an OU or semi out of curiousity??

Personal preference....

E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sheriff Lobo

I just stumbled across this forum.

I've been thinking of getting into shooting for a while now. I've searched online for places to start but no joy..

..I'm in North Dublin...any info would be great thanks. :confused:

• Advertisement

Hey! This is my thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sheriff Lobo

Ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Its Sunday, shouldnt you guys be killing some wildlife???

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

mayhem# wrote: »
    Well?
    Anybody else with one for sale?

well ??? answer the man :D
    so someone must have something for sale ?

revan23 wrote: »

16.jpg

how much are you looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revan23

was thinking of getting a semi auto, i havn't really put it up for sale but i suppose if someone's willing to make a decent offer, propably better to pm me if anyone's interested

revan23 wrote: »
    was thinking of getting a semi auto, i havn't really put it up for sale but i suppose if someone's willing to make a decent offer, propably better to pm me if anyone's interested

how old is it ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jcatony

I recommend the Mossberg 500. A very solid and very reliable shotgun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

A very solid and very reliable shotgun.

I dont think that there is a pump action shotgun on the market that is not solid and reliable. :D

If you want the advantages of a single barrel shotgun (ie increased capacity) save up and buy a good semi auto !!:D

Advertisement