Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Beta?

Options
  • 22-09-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, this is partly me bragging, and partly curiosity (but mostly bragging). But has anyone esle gotten into the Crysis beta?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

won't be touching it until the demo release. Its out next week. I've waited 2 years already, i think i can wait another week for a non beta version of the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

humanji wrote:
    Ok, this is partly me bragging, and partly curiosity (but mostly bragging). But has anyone esle gotten into the Crysis beta?

yeah i did

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Grim. wrote:
    yeah i did
    Have you tried it yet? I'm downloading it at the mo and curious how it is.

graphics are amazing even though its only dx9 atm(not optimized for dx10 or vista yet) but the fighting is a bit to spread out imo but really looking forward to the full game now the expence of building an uber gaming rig was worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Been in it since the start.

The game is pretty meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is this an open or closed beta?

Any chance of a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

The beta runs terribly on vista

i have 4gbs of ram an FX-60 and an 8800GTX

and memory leaks, graphical tearing and general instability mean the game feels shoi

never get decent framerates regardless of what settings i put the game on - that said this game has HUGE potential

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

cremo i gota spare key since i dont have a gfx :( pm if you want it.

Hercule wrote:
    The beta runs terribly on vista

i have 4gbs of ram an FX-60 and an 8800GTX

and memory leaks, graphical tearing and general instability mean the game feels shoi

never get decent framerates regardless of what settings i put the game on - that said this game has HUGE potential

runs fine on mine can run it at it highest settings no problem no slowdowns or anything

vista hp x64
    Q6600
    4gb ram
    8800 ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Whats with the NDA you have to sign... whats up with that? I dislike NDA's, so I'm reluctant to sign one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

L31mr0d wrote:
    won't be touching it until the demo release. Its out next week. I've waited 2 years already, i think i can wait another week for a non beta version of the game ;)

The demo's not out till Oct 26th

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Yep its delayed:mad: They`re throwing in the map editor with the demo now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the_syco wrote:
    Whats with the NDA you have to sign... whats up with that? I dislike NDA's, so I'm reluctant to sign one...
    Nobody else here seems to care about it:p

Think I'll wait for the demo, hopefully that's a bit more optimised...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the_syco wrote:

NDA's are just "play the game, tell us what's wrong and stfu" agreements.

don't leak spoilers, or code, and you're all good. granted, it never works out that way in public betas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

isn't there something in the Crysis agreement that outlines that there is the risk of your computer being damaged as its beta software and they aren't liable. I've had hard resets and BSODs from beta's in the past and frankly, my computers worth too much to be taking that risk on half baked software.

Bit bummed about the delay in the demo, but then i recently picked up Stranglehold, GRAW2 and WIC so hopefully those will keep me entertained till it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

L31mr0d wrote:
    isn't there something in the Crysis agreement that outlines that there is the risk of your computer being damaged as its beta software and they aren't liable. I've had hard resets and BSODs from beta's in the past and frankly, my computers worth too much to be taking that risk on half baked software.

Bit bummed about the delay in the demo, but then i recently picked up Stranglehold, GRAW2 and WIC so hopefully those will keep me entertained till it is.

All beta's have that in their agreements, as far as I know. It's not to say that it's likely to crash your computer. It's just covering themselves. The whole point of beta's is to see if they'll run on a variety of computers. If and when they do crash, you're meant to report them so that the developers can fix the problem for release.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

humanji wrote:
    If and when they do crash, you're meant to report them so that the developers can fix the problem for release.

or if there's a general bug. they should have a "report bug" option in there to do it easily for you. of course if you're playing TF2 beta right now the community option when you find a bug is bitch, moan, complain and continue playing. screw the reporting bugs part, someone else'll do that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Anyone played it on a non uber rig? Just wondering how it will run on my laptop for example. I'm waiting till the 9800GTX comes out before I get a new card.

My lappy has a 8600m GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

playing it on a Q6600 and 7800GTX 512 with 2 gigs of DDR2, and it runs ok at medium at 1920x1200, but like yourself im waiting on the 9800GTX

Beta looks very promising :)

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    Anyone played it on a non uber rig? Just wondering how it will run on my laptop for example. I'm waiting till the 9800GTX comes out before I get a new card.

My lappy has a 8600m GT.
    Erm: you hope to upgrade your notebook, or will is the 9800GTX for your PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yes, i had it since it was out
    Thought it was pretty class, mix of Far Cry, CSS(buyin weaposn) and BF2
    Also liked how ranks were reset at start of every round, so even noobs will be on a level playing field with the ppl who spend their lives getting points :):)

I think the singleplayer was meant to be out today, but fileplanet is down atm, well,,,,i cant get onto it anyways:o

Advertisement